Vice President, Quantitative,Treasury
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? VP, Quantitative Modeling - Treasury Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 32346
# Positions 1
Job Family Finance - Treasury
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
The VP, Quantitative Modeling position offers the unique opportunity to be highly focused on deposit/loan modeling and dynamic analytics, while also focusing on the larger strategic picture, using the quantitative supported models in decision making with senior management. The candidate will partner with other departments across the enterprise including Retail and Commercial Banking, Risk, Finance, and Information Technology as part of the ongoing development and enhancement of analytics for various portfolios.
This role requires deep statistical knowledges and ability to build models that are both statistically sound and business intuitive. The incumbent will face new and unique business and statistical problems that require excellent problem-solving skills and keen evaluative judgment.
The Treasury Department at CIT Group is responsible for the balance sheet management, interest rate risk measurement and management, liquidity risk measurement management, and stress testing contributions of CIT Group and CIT Bank.
- Develop and maintain predictive statistical deposit models in accordance with latest published standards and industry advancements.
- Support testing and analytics as incorporated into CIT’s Asset & Liability Management (ALM) analytic engine, QR
- Identify opportunities to add shareholder value through quantitative methods or econometric models
- Strong understanding of fixed income risk measurement ALM concepts
- Work with other modeling analysts, to provide expertise in project design, model development, monitoring, implementation and/or specification to support ALM, capital and liquidity stress-testing activities
Additional responsibilities include:
- Address model validator, auditor, or regulator concerns.
- Produce and maintain robust documentation to ensure applicability of results and fulfill governance requirements.
- Carry out R&D using Machine Learning and statistical techniques to improve current models
Minimum required skills and experience:
- A degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, or related field
- 6+ years of direct work experience in statistical modeling or ALM modeling
- 4+ years of experience with ALM systems (QRM, Bancware, etc. ) strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with sound strategic judgment and vision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex topics at all levels of the organization
- Advanced degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, or related field
- 8+ years of behavior modeling experience for complex fixed income products, such as deposits balance attrition, mortgages prepayment or default, etc.
- Creative problem solver and strong analytical, technical and/or statistical skills with proven ability to process large datasets into meaningful information
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing sophisticated financial models and performing ad hoc analysis to support risk, valuation, pricing, and capital decisions in relevant asset/liability categories
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: