Global Pricing Analyst
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA Rancho Cordova CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 Jun 18 2018-06-23
Global Pricing Analyst
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Global Pricing Services group responsible for?
Global Pricing Services is responsible for pricing all active securities held in our mutual fund and private client portfolios, as well as calculating the net asset values (NAV) of Mutual Funds.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Pricing Analyst?
The Pricing Analyst is responsible for ensuring that Franklin Templeton values its' portfolio holdings at the most current and accurate valuation level. This includes holdings of US and CA, fixed income and derivative securities. The Pricing Analyst is responsible for the research and resolution of pricing exceptions and challenges and for issues held in our mutual fund and private client portfolios. The Pricing Analyst contributes to the accuracy in the daily calculation of the mutual fund portfolio net asset values (NAV) and for timely distribution to NASDAQ and the entire company.
What does a typical day entail?
- Ensure market valuations are accurate, timely and representative of traded markets.
- Act as liaison with Portfolio, Trading, Fund Accounting, and other Investment Operations teams by researching and resolving security price challenges and ad-hoc requests.
- Review any corporate actions impacting evaluation and coordinate with the corporate actions group as necessary.
- Provide coverage for other Pricing Analysts as needed.
- Support external and internal auditors by addressing pricing audit issues and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Review, analyze, and resolve any pricing exceptions daily for assigned security type(s).
- Document all research and exception findings for files. Maintain orderly and complete organization of files.
- Analyze unchanged security prices on a periodic basis.
- Monitor single source securities and obtain secondary sources as available.
- Develop and maintain vendor and broker relationships.
- Cross-train on pricing other security types and provide cross-training on assigned security type pricing to other Pricing Analysts as required.
- Participate in discussions regarding future for enhancements to existing products and integration of new products.
- Participate in projects by completing testing and ensure successful deployment of changes into production.
- Identify and initiate workflow and systematic improvements.
- Perform standard Pricing Analyst tasks as needed during US holidays and during business continuity exercises, providing coverage during the weekend and may include travel to another site. The business continuity relocation may include travel for an extended period.
What ideal qualifications would help someone be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related experience essential; Master's degree in related field or CFA candidate highly desirable
- One to three years of related, demonstrated experience in the financial industry
- Advanced Excel skills are critical; familiarity with Bloomberg is preferred
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.