Manager - Print Production Management
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA Rancho Cordova CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Manager - Print Production Management
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Manager - Print Production Management is responsible for managing print production, mailing and inventory management of all marketing and legal literature. The role will require communication and coordinate with Legal, Creative Services, Product Management, Typesetting, Publishing and the Warehouse regarding all production issues. This person will manage staff of Print Production & Management and maintain high quality output in a cost efficient environment.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a person in the Manager - Print Production Management role?
- Lead projects through planning and execution on time, to scope and within budget; coordinate meetings, agendas, minutes, project plans
- Participate in department meetings across Marketing Operations
- Demonstrate a commitment to collaboration across Marketing Operations, Product Management, Creative Services, and smaller internal clients and external vendors; demonstrate responsiveness to clients and partners
- Take the lead in actualizing project strategies across group, clients and partners based on business needs
- Streamline workflow and improve interdepartmental communications
- Develop/implement growth opportunities
- Work with internal clients, Print Production Specialists, and Creative Services to resolve complex print issues associated with literature production
- Ensure Legal and Marketing literature pieces arrive on time, within budget and at high quality output - interact with Legal, MLSO, Creative Services, Publishing, Product Management and Marketing Research
- Ensure mailings are processed on time and budget and meet legal requirements
- Ensure open communication across all areas involved in the production/creation of legal and marketing literature
- Lead Print Production Management operations, improve departmental metric targets (backorders/obsolescence), improve cost efficiencies and streamline interdepartmental workflow. Monitor and oversee inventory management of approximately 1,600 legal and marketing pieces. Review, approve and signoff on all forecast worksheets. Monitor backorders and obsolescence daily and monthly respectively. Provide report metrics on a monthly and adhoc basis.
- Act as a key contributor in all high-level product rollouts. Key contributor in Creative Brief and manage team to successfully facilitate rollouts in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Oversee employee Performance Management Program (PMP); employee training and development
- Apply corporate policies and procedures
- Recruitment e.g. employee requisition, interviewing, transfers
- Review monthly production and staff performance reports
- Develop and update training programs for team members
- Manage projects to approved budget; participate in contract renewals, analyze and resolve budget variances; initiate/participate in cost containment practices.
- Develop and maintain Print Production Management Business Plan.
- Review, approve/sign invoices authorizing payment.
- Technical resource for staff, internal and external customers & vendors; employee training; knowledge of emerging printing and distribution technologies and application to take the business forward.
- Attend classes as needed. Receive and provide on job training.
- Assist in other areas of business analysis as needed within Marketing Operations Group.
- Apply quality assurance tools and techniques
What will make you successful in this role?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 8+ years of Print Production and Planning experience
- 3 to 4 years of inventory management
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in Supervisory/Management role in a print production management environment
- 3 to 5 years' experience managing print vendor relationships and Contract Management renewals and acquisitions
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism while interacting with a diverse group of people
- Knowledge of print production industry/processes including multi-color printing, pre-press, web/sheet-fed, four-color, paper specification, mailing requirements, distribution, media procurement, and paper market
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to communicate project details/deadlines, clarify questions/issues and successfully negotiate with internal customers and vendors in a professional manner
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and administrative skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a deadline-sensitive and results-oriented environment
- Knowledge of developing technologies in printing and inventory management strongly preferred
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships as well as to quickly and effectively resolve open questions or issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with inventory software systems
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.