Master Data Management Program Manager
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA Rancho Cordova CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Master Data Management Program Manager
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Data Governance group responsible for?
The Data Governance Office is responsible for establishing standards, guidelines, and processes used to maintain common, firm-wide data standards to protect FTI's critical information assets. The DGO proactively determines direction, focus, and effort associated with data related activities across the organization and is responsible for bringing forward and managing cross-organizational enterprise initiatives in support of the corporate data strategy.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Master Data Management Program Manager?
Recognized as an expert and leader in data governance, drives the strategy, planning and execution of solutions to govern data policy and standards, data quality, master data management standards and practices, and data stewardship across the FTI organization within a specific discipline. Establishes and maintains cross-functional collaboration with other enterprise control functions to ensure data is properly managed across the entire eco-system (Risk, Compliance, Information Security and Privacy).
Scope: Works with C-level executives and senior leaders across the organization. Owns all programs and initiatives associated with a single discipline.
- Formulates and manages FTI's Reference and Master Data strategies and roadmaps; ensures initiatives are aligned with enterprise priorities. Prioritizes enterprise efforts to execute against the corporate strategies; ensures milestones are mapped out for delivery and are communicated.
- Drives creation of programs and initiatives required to execute against corporate priorities; collaborates with senior business and technology leadership. Develops and evolves related communications and branding; provides centralized communication for reference and master data-related matters.
- Identifies and prioritizes relevant information management best practices for business semantics, enterprise business modeling and methods, data quality operationalization methods; masters and references data management.
- Develops and manages approach for measuring adoption of principles, polices, processes and practices associated with reference and master data related strategies and roadmaps.
- Acts as the Program Manager for all initiatives associated with Reference and Master data, partners with solutions owners and project teams to align activities with overall data strategy and corporate priorities and coordinates deployment activity milestones for each of the master data efforts required across FTI.
What qualifications would help someone be successful?
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required; Masters' degree preferred
• 12+ years of related experience with a minimum of 6+ years data management experience, including in-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in defining enterprise data strategies and establishing data governance processes and controls at large multi-business unit organizations
• Demonstrated ability to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
• Deep knowledge of the financial industry and FTI businesses and products
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Data Governance, Data Quality and Data Management principles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to a target audience.
• Certification: Certified Data Professional (CDP) and Certified Data Governance and Stewardship (CDGS) credentials required
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. For a listing of total rewards in your region, visit our Locations page for more details.