Print Production Specialist
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Print Production Specialist
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Print Production Specialist role works under the general direction of a Manager and/or Senior Specialist and is responsible for the end-to-end production and coordination of tasks from project initiation, scheduling, print production, inventory management and mailing.
The Print Production Specialist serves as the contact for assigned teams ensuring highest quality and service levels meet clients' needs. Under general direction this position provides a streamlined and dedicated communication link with various internal business units and external vendors regarding all production issues.
We employ a comprehensive training program dedicated to your success in understanding FTI's products. The Print Production and Management (PPM) team works together to provide an exceptional level of service for our clients, and we are currently looking for an outstanding individual to join our PPM team in Rancho Cordova, California.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a person in the Print Production Specialist role?
Production and Project Planning
- Participate in project planning meetings
- Balance assigned project schedules using web based workflow tools and proprietary database
- Manage project deliverables through feasibility, planning and execution on time, in scope, and within budget
- Review project objectives, resolve project design and timing issues with team members and recommend next steps as necessary to improve and expedite workflow
- Improve target metrics, improve cost efficiencies, and streamline interdepartmental workflow
- Create RFQ using department's standard 3 bid processes
- Participate in contract renewals as needed
- Recommend cost effective initial print/reprint quantities based on analysis of historical/current usage and market trends
- Contribute to project plans and charters as needed
- Recommend process improvement concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and applications
- Understand needs to clients and provide specifications to production
- Attend classes and training as needed
- Accurate data entry into FT systems
- Facilitate and prepare department and business unit reporting
- Assist with ad hoc projects and reporting as needed
- Provide accurate invoice allocations
- Post inventory receipts on a regular basis
- Post Purchasing Receipts on a regular basis
- Post Charge Backs on a regular basis
- Post Time Sheets on a regular basis
What will make you successful in this role?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a financial services corporate environment or ad agency with emphasis in graphic design, print production and inventory management
- 5+ years in print purchasing and inventory management or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of MS excel and other MS applications
- Demonstrate a high-degree of professionalism while interacting with a diverse group of people
- Manage change effectively
- Good analytical skills to continually improve process and workflows, delivery and produc
- Good organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to deliver good results by meeting deadlines in a timely manner while managing multiple priorities and team deliverables
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of economic order levels and mailing requirements
- Project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines
- Good problem solving and self-motivational skills
- Attention to detail
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.