Senior Software Engineer – Financial Systems
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA Rancho Cordova CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Senior Software Engineer – Financial Systems
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Investment Operations Technology team responsible for?
The Investment Operations Technology team provides technology support for the applications the Middle Office business units utilize. Support is provided through creation and implementation of new solutions, ongoing maintenance of existing and vendor applications, project management, technology engineering/development, technology upgrades, systems analysis, and IT vendor liaison.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Sr Software Engineer?
The focus of this position will be to support the new Investment Management Instruments Security Master vendor product, design and develop customizations within the product, maintaining business rules, workflows, and ensuring instrument security data flows to surrounding systems. Some of the functions/workflows within the product includes Financial Security Instruments setup requests (straight through processing and manual flows), Market Data feed handlers, Mastering of security instrument data, Golden Copy creation and Data Distribution.
In this role, you will work primarily with the Global Security Maintenance business group to configure processes and facilitate technology delivery and support. To be successful, you will have experience guiding and coordinating the design activities with the development team, executing and testing software configurations, identifying and delivering technology solutions that create business value, isolating and documenting the technical needs of corporate business units, assessing the feasibility of technical solutions, and measuring the success of deployments. You will champion business needs by demonstrating a high level of expertise in corporate business processes and system functionality. On projects, you'll independently drive or contribute to requirement definition and documentation, research, analysis, testing, reporting, training, and communication. You'll also have responsibility for working closely with the domain architect and the application infrastructure resources, ensuring the product is performing as expected. Finally, the individual will be expected to apply their experience in advancing the technical landscape, as it relates to the integration of the product, within the enterprise architecture.
The ideal candidate will have similar experience supporting corporate business groups within the Financial Services industry, will be a fast learner, passionate about high impact projects, and will have superb communication skills. This is a full-time position and can be located in our San Mateo, Dublin, or Rancho Cordova, offices.
- Perform product configuration and extensions programming. Analyze, design, and implement solutions including business processes, application enhancements, interfaces, and reports. Reviews and updates source code incorporating advanced business domain knowledge. Develop high and low level application design artifacts including process flows, data model and interfaces based on maintenance, operations, and performance standards. Ensure all technical deliverables are consistent with product and architectural standards & guidelines. Coordinate the design activities with the development team (both internal and vendors), to ensure that requirements are met, and technology and product standards are followed. Create automated test scripts and conducts unit and integration testing.
- Provides production support. Troubleshoots, resolves and identifies root cause for unique production issues. Coordinates release activities, ensuring that audit requirements are met. Plans and coordinates implementation activities, general system maintenance, and vendor upgrades. Monitors and assesses overall system health, capacity, and provides recommendations to management. Negotiates with vendors to resolve issues. Coordinates Disaster Recovery activities.
- Triage and prioritize business opportunities. Research and facilitate the resolution of business users' functional gaps. Identify, recommend and implement system enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, maintainability and scalability to system. May gather or create application related reports or metrics such as performance, availability and incident resolution.
- Distill and document business functional and technical requirements, including detailed process documentation. Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for product, and downstream applications. Ensure documentation is kept up-to-date as changes are introduced into the environment.
- Maintain business relationships and act as IT liaison during implementation; may continue as primary vendor contact for application(s) after implementation. Work with business and technical service owners to identify and put projects on roadmap.
Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of IT experience using the following technologies: Linux, Windows, .Net Client Framework, Websphere, Source Control software (e.g. Subversion)
- 4+ years technical lead experience overseeing at least 3 major application implementations
- 3+ years of IT experience in a specific application domain space
- Considerable experience in integrating applications in a complex global environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience supporting Security Master business groups and related applications in a Corporate IT environment strongly preferred
- Experience using ServiceNow and/or JIRA
- Experience performing Production support
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Working knowledge of financial securities, portfolio trading and settlements
- Experience in the Financial Services, or other highly regulated, industry
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.