Sr. Analyst- Global Portfolio Account Services
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA Rancho Cordova CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Sr. Analyst- Global Portfolio Account Services
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Global Portfolio Account Services group responsible for?
The Senior Analyst will serve as the subject matter expert in one or more functional areas within GPAS, such as foreign markets, cross border taxation, derivative agreements, new account onboarding and events, and broker requests. The Senior Analyst will need to stay current with market and regulatory changes. Will frequently serve as the direct interface with counterparties, custodians, clients, outside Legal, etc. and perform multiple analytical & client specific responsibilities. The position will entail taking the lead in both daily & project work, with a principal focus on audit and review of analysts' work in addition to performing regular reviews of departmental policies and procedures. This position will also establish and maintain relationships within Franklin Templeton Investments internally and externally to ensure critical issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Sr. Analyst- Global Portfolio Account Services?
Leading and Guiding Others
- Oversee, review, and audit the Analysts' work and provide feedback to identify any errors and improve work quality.
- Assist Supervisor with reviewing daily work and addressing and resolving technical and logistical issues as they occur, thereby ensuring the accuracy of the FTS systems, including technical quality and timeliness.
- Evaluate broken and/or ineffective processes and partner with other groups to create effective workflows.
- Proactively resolve any process or technical issues and assist the supervisor in resolving the root cause of the problem.
Country Registration, Tax Reclaims, Onboarding, Broker Requests & Derivatives Agreements support
- Work with Portfolio Managers and various legal and compliance entities to gather information and prepare documentation required to custodian accounts and foreign markets for FTI mutual funds. Resolve registration issues.
- Provide on-boarding teams with prioritized list of foreign markets to open for separate account clients. Follow up on any pending markets "post" account launch.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of Country Registration data in trading system, including informing PMs, Trading and Investments Operations of any issues that may impact investing.
- Work with custodian banks, legal counsel, tax and other departments to ensure that tax reclaim and tax relief documents are filed in a timely manner for a maximum tax benefit, including analysis of requirements and preparing documentation for FTI mutual funds.
- Work directly with foreign tax advisors to set up new advisor relationships, add accounts, and oversee required work.
- Work with Portfolio Managers and various legal and compliance entities in terms of preparation and completion of derivatives agreements. Define and enhance derivatives agreement process to implement improvements to create greater efficiencies.
- Perform data integrity audits and control procedures and resolve issues.
- Analyze, research, record and maintain data in internal and external databases and platforms.
- Address systems questions from outside departments and based on the need, inform the appropriate staff of any impact to them.
- Notify core brokers of new accounts. Provide W8/W9 tax form and all information and documentation required to open and maintain accounts. Track W8 expiration dates and prepare or request form prior to expiration.
- Maintain Collateral Management system for information regarding derivative agreements; respond to requests from other departments; report system issues and suggest enhancements.
- Coordinate custody account openings, custody transitions, transfers in kind, and other account events. Represent other GPAS functional areas in custodian meetings. Coordinate responses from and obtain information for Global Trade Services and other FTS departments as required.
- Lead and/or actively participate in various projects in the department; Identify project objective, resources and barriers, and implement project strategies; Ensure successful and timely project completion.
- Lead testing of new systems/functions.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Master's degree in business or finance with 3-5+ years of work experience Previous investment industry experience preferred
- Previous experience with market registrations, cross boarder taxation, or derivative documentation highly preferred
- Experience in client service, investment operations, project management, or product development
- Experience leading other preferred
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities