Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Internal Auditor - IT Focus Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga | US-GA-Duluth | US-GA-Alpharetta
Req No. 2019-3629
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Senior Internal Auditor - IT Focus to analyze risks and provides recommended courses of action; including maintaining productive relationships with department and employees of all levels (staff, management, Vice Presidents, Executive Management) across the organization. The Senior IT Internal Auditor contributes to the Internal Audit Department by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting/advisory services to improve the organization’s operations. The Senior IT Internal Auditor determines that internal systems and controls are adequate and effective, including verifying the existence of assets and the maintenance of proper safeguards for their protection. The Senior IT Internal Auditor ensures that organizational policies/procedures, laws, and good practices are followed.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Assist the VP of Internal Audit in conducting ongoing risk assessment reviews to produce a flexible Internal Audit Plan that supports the Internal Audit Charter.
- Perform individual internal audit projects (operational, financial, compliance, and IT) as outlined in the Internal Audit Plan and any special reviews that arise. This includes assisting the VP of Internal Audit with developing the internal audit scope, building risk and control matrix, and performing internal audit procedures.
- Identify key control points and weaknesses within the system or function being audited, and develop process improvement recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, process gaps, improving operations, and reducing cost.
- Document audit work and findings in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Maintain a strong process owner focus by serving process owner needs and developing productive working relationships. Stay abreast of current business developments relevant to the process owner’s business. Respect and protect confidential client information.
- Determine whether proper segregation of duties and dual controls are in place throughout the organization.
- Provide frequent progress and status updates to the VP of Internal Audit and compare audits performed to previously submitted and approved work.
- Champion internal controls and corporate governance concepts throughout the organization.
- Conduct periodic follow-up reviews to evaluate the adequacy of Management’s corrective action plans.
- Assist in the investigation of suspected fraudulent activities within the organization.
- Participate in training sessions related to internal audit and risk management via webinars and training.
- The Senior IT Internal Auditor is expected to mentor and develop staff-level auditors and take a leadership role within the Internal Audit Department.
- Responsible for directing and reviewing the work performed by staff-level auditors and providing continuous coaching and feedback.
- Supervise at a close level the work product of junior team members for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Review internal policies and procedures to ensure they are written clearly, comprehensively, provide sufficient internal controls, and are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist the VP of Internal Auditor with training new team members.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance; or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in public accounting and/or private industry internal audit with knowledge of accounting, finance, IT, internal control, and enterprise risk management areas.
- Audit skills - knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, COSO 2013 framework, PCAOB governing regulations, and IIA and IPPF standards.
- Technical skills – knowledges of NIST, ITIL, GDPR, or other relevant technical standards.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
- Knowledge of the payment operations industry, including prior exposure to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Experience with enterprise-wide risk management (ERM) practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Detailed understanding of internal control concepts, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) auditing standards and/or International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), and COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations) framework and risk assessment practices.
- Professional experience in accounting and auditing, which includes analyzing data, documenting findings, creating and presenting reports.
- Experience in performing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very strong PC skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project), including frequently analyzing data within audit areas utilizing Oracle tools and ACL or Microsoft Access to understand trends and risk patterns.
- Experience using an electronic workpaper tool is a plus.
- Experience with data analytic tools is a plus (ACL, Idea, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of and experience, at a minimum, providing services related to IT management controls, including information technology risks, processes, and controls.
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry's COBIT and/or other leading IT control frameworks.
- Extensive experience auditing key areas of IT general controls, including change management, access to programs and data, computer operation, and systems development life cycle. Thorough understanding of industry standards such as Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council) (FFEIC) National Credit Union Administration(NCUA), Bank Secrecy Act(BSA), Payment Card Industry (PCI) and/or other leading control frameworks.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance.
- The individual must have very strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess strong analytical abilities.
- Sees the “Big Picture” – Not simply task-oriented.
- Passionate – Takes initiative; trainable for future growth and any changes organizationally to come.
- Enthusiastic – Goes above and beyond what is asked for; looks for challenges vs. shying away from them.
- Action-oriented – Strong work ethic; very reliable; has strong integrity and personal value; can adjust fluidly to CO-OP’s shifting strategic priorities; sees projects fully through to conclusion.
- Communicative – Knows how to speak both verbally and written to the correct audience (staff personnel – Executive management).
- Open – Not afraid of change; sees change as an opportunity for growth; open to new ways of doing things.
- Continually seeks professional growth – Through internal auditing industry training and other continuous education opportunities.
- Must react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Coming Soon!!
Software Powered by iCIMS