Operations Client Service, Assc2
A candidate who is required to solve problems and work within a team environment of other Fund Accountants. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the Fund Accountant needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team do so. Performs daily fund accounting activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures, such as, maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports.
Familiar with a variety of general accounting concepts practices and procedures.
Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years' experience is preferred, but will accept strong new graduates.
Generally reports to Supervisor or Manager.
Finance or Accounting background accepted.
Why this role is important to us:
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accountant you will:
• Preparation of daily cash, position and market value reconciliations including trade capture and pricing
• Assist in the Dealing Date accounting process
• Assist in reviewing and resolving reconciliations of portfolio cash and security accounts
• Opportunity to work on corporate actions, equities, fixed income, futures, options and swaps and complex financial instruments
• Assist in semi-annual and annual audit process
• Handle more complex tasks
• Provide advice and serve as a point of reference for queries from junior fund accountants
• During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
• Foreign holiday schedule
• Flexibility to work late
• Proficiency in MS Excel
• Knowledge of financial products preferred
• Problem solving skills.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
• Highly numerate
• IT Literate
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
• Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.