Performance & Analytics Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
The ideal applicant for this position has a strong investments/finance (analysis) background. Associates at this level are responsible for basic client service, inquiry management, administrative tasks, and general supporting client service leads. Must be able to work independently, have strong analytical skills, and have experience in the investment performance space as an analyst. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Performance and Analytics Manager you will
What we value
- Manage clients' daily, monthly and quarterly investment performance reporting.
- Have a deep understanding and ability to develop and maintain reporting packages (i.e. performance reports, attribution analysis, peer comparison universe reporting, quarterly board reports, investment analysis review and other services/products offered).
- Provide quality control checks on client performance reports including monitoring all changes (new funds, composites, benchmarks), review of custom calculations (overlay, benchmarks and alternative assets).
- Support operations team and interact with investment managers to resolve returns differences and explain to clients accordingly.
- Work directly with senior manager on ad hoc projects including marketing presentations, RFP's and sales content.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities within your client set and work with manager to execute sales.
- Prepare quarterly board/investment committee reports which provide a summary of plan performance for a specified period.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must be technically savvy, to create ad hoc and perpetually performance analysis as required by client service leads, often deviating from standard reporting packages.
- Strong communication, technical, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field, preferably finance or accounting.
- At least 5 years of industry experience, specifically focused in the Investment Performance and Analytics area.
- CFA and/or CIPM preferred.
About State Street What we do.
- Ability to travel as required; minimal overnight travel.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers