Senior Vice President, Enterprise Architect San Diego/en-US/External/job/San-Diego/Senior-Vice-President--Enterprise-Architect_R-008891/apply The SVP, Enterprise Architect performs the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design required to develop the enterprise solution architecture (ESA) and to ensure that it is leveraged firm-wide. Primary Responsibilities and Activities
Experience, Education and Training
- Define key solution portfolios and ensure they are managed either by heading that activity directly or by establishing and then supporting asset-centric portfolio management disciplines (for such solution portfolios as application, service-oriented architecture [SOA] service or shared infrastructure).
- Develop road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project office to ensure alignment of plans (including migration plans and road maps) with what is being delivered (projects).
- Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) separately by EA viewpoint (for example, business, information and technology) and via guidance at the ESA level across those viewpoints.
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other EA viewpoints, to derive the ESA change requirements to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Define principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Assist with governance activities associated with ensuring ESA and, thus, EA compliance.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the ESA, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Ensure that all individual solution architecture design and analysis work (particularly as specific solutions are created or upgraded in projects by project architects or solution architects) is documented in a structured fashion matching the EA framework and is stored in a common place.
- Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of EA development and service delivery. Be prepared to "sell" the EA process (overall, not just for ESA), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure ESA success and use.
- Coordinate with enterprise business, information and technology architects.
- This role will coordinate closely with enterprise business, information and technology architects, along with Solution Architects while virtually leveraging subject matter experts from any needed technical or business area
- This role may also work closely with separate teams of project or solution architects that do only individual project work
- This role will collaborate with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams and IT staff as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT, with knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: , application development, middleware, database management or operations, security, integration
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Project solution architecture experience
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Industry certifications appropriate to the role
- Awareness of or prior applied experience in the utilization of Enterprise Architecture Tools(Preference given to Planview CTM) and Frameworks
Key Behaviors and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of ESA and individual solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of key aspects of the business
- Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Basic knowledge of information principles and policies
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Strong understanding of network and data center architecture, as well as application development methodologies
- Understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, or client/server systems, Cloud
- Understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to respond to the political challenges
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader
- Track record for remaining unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor, and for being more interested in results than personal preferences
- Track record for thinking about more than technology issues, and for integrating the technical with the business and information aspects for complete solutions
- Capability for being thoughtful, extroverted and collaborative
- Motivation that is focused on long-term results
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nations largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning lifes aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicants bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPLs Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR-008891
As the nations leading independent broker-dealer*, we offer an
integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and
investment advisor services to more than 14,000 financial
advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions, enabling
them to help their clients turn life's aspirations into financial
realities. We also support more than 4,000 other financial
advisors with customized clearing solutions, advisory
platforms, and technology.
Weve told you what we do for our customers, but what can we
do for you?
Well provide you with a work environment that encourages your
creativity and growth, a leadership team thats supportive and
responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no
limits, only amazing potential.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017,
based on total revenue.