Are you a detail-oriented multitasker? Are you known for your ability to juggle a lot of projects? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Prepare and analyze property valuations for real estate investments. A thorough understanding of discounted cash flow techniques utilizing software tools such as Argus Enterprise, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Also requires expertise in lease review and the analysis of property budgets and historical operating statements including tenant reimbursement provisions.
• Respond to principal and broker inquiries regarding properties for sale.
• Assist in coordinating the activities of acquisition teams.
• Prepare property acquisition briefs for presentation to the Investment Committee, including the narrative, graphic charts and financial analysis.
• Develop and maintain management information reports and perform special assignments as required.
• Handle multiple projects for various management styles and manage conflicting priorities.
• Some travel and real estate market analysis required.
You'll be a member of the San Francisco-based Acquisitions team.
Your experience and skills
• Core knowledge of real estate principles, finance (especially discounted cash flow analysis) and accounting.
• The ability to work in a team environment.
• The ability to listen carefully and ask questions to clarify expectations is also essential.
• Thorough understanding of real estate valuation and spreadsheet software (Argus and Excel) is critical in providing technical and analytical support.
• Literacy in database, graphics and word processing software (PowerPoint and Word) is also necessary to develop management information reports and/or improve the efficiency of the Unit.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in business or economics.
• Two to four years of related work experience.
• Work experience should include the analysis of real estate investments for an institutional advisor, appraisal firm, REIT, brokerage firm, or private real estate investment firm.
• A strong understanding of the functions and responsibilities of various areas of UBS Realty Investors will need to be developed.
• Familiarity with western United States real estate markets preferred.
• Position requires travel to major western United States cities.
• Proficient at communicating, both orally and in writing, with various levels inside and outside UBS Realty Investors.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.