Administration Assistant - Investment Team
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
To support our Investment Team in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. To be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to complete tasks independently.
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”)
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Administrative Support
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently looking for a talented Administrative Assistant to support our Investment Team in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has strong experience supporting a team of senior managers and executives with global responsibilities in a fast-paced firm. The ideal candidate will also have experience working in a financial services company. The candidate should be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to complete tasks independently.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Proactively manage multiple calendars and travel schedules for members of the investment team
- Organize complex domestic/international travel, as well as visa processing and expense reporting
- Liaise with other departments on the execution of strategic projects
- Maintain efficient filing and organization of correspondence, reports, research data and meeting materials
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment partnering with other administrative staff in support the investment team
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience supporting a team of senior-level managers and executives, financial services, specifically asset management experience, preferred
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Advanced MS Outlook and strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Experience with FactSet a plus.
- Strong aptitude, high energy and interest in learning
- Able to anticipate needs and act upon requests independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid interpersonal skills required
- Professional phone manner
- Ability to multi-task, must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Maintaining confidential information is a must
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.