Analyst, Sustainable Product Innovation
Description About this role
About this role
ETFs continue to have significant growth opportunities ahead, with huge potential to convert new users, deepen use by existing users and develop entirely new uses and applications. iShares provides a range of products that span broad portfolio building blocks to more sophisticated investment strategies, and we are continually looking for new and innovative ways to give clients access to different types of investments and to help them construct efficient, transparent portfolios.
Sustainable is a top strategic priority for BlackRock and iShares and is one of the fastest-growing ETF categories. iShares currently has a range of Sustainable Investing ETFs in the U.S., with approximately $39 billion in assets under management. The Sustainable Investing platform includes broad ESG, Sustainable Thematic and Impact ETFs.
This role reports to the Lead of U.S. iShares Sustainable Product Innovation and will primarily focus on the research and development of new sustainable products as well as the enhancement of existing sustainable products. This role will partner closely with other members of the U.S. Product Innovation and Research team and partners across BlackRock Sustainable Investing, iShares Sustainable Strategy, Sustainable Research, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, Product and Portfolio Consulting, and Product Innovation partners in other regions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sustainable product research and development
- Work with the Lead of U.S. iShares Sustainable Product Innovation to research and develop new Sustainable ETFs and evolve existing Sustainable product offerings in the US
- Develop new ETF construction methodologies and simulated portfolios. Conduct analysis on portfolio holdings, performance, characteristics, and comparison with competitor products to inform product design decisions
- Execute new product launches and enhancements by working with product engineering, portfolio engineering, global markets, legal, and compliance teams, as well as 3rd party index providers
- Conduct industry research and monitor competitor funds and filings to support the evaluation, prioritization, and development of new products
- Provide general support to broader product innovation initiatives
- New products education and commercialization
- Develop educational content on new product designs and enhancements, product framework, portfolio use cases, and competitive analysis
- Deliver deep product knowledge and technical expertise on new products and competitors across the organization, in meetings and presentations
- Work with distribution partners to commercialize our new sustainable launches and identify market opportunities for new products
Qualifications and experience
- 1-3 years of relevant industry experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in financial markets in a relevant capacity (investments, research, trading, structuring, financial engineering, consulting)
- BA/BS required. Major in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, engineering or science a plus. CFA (or progress towards) a plus
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity. Experience with financial data analysis and portfolio construction a plus
- Interest in sustainable investing and ETFs. Experience with sustainable and climate investing concepts and datasets a plus
- Ability to work well across investment, client-facing, and product implementation teams and external partners (3rd party index providers, sell side researcher, industry experts)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, FactSet and ESG data providers/research a plus. Ability to code in Python, Matlab or R a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.