Analytic Consultant 3 - Sales Practices Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Analytic Consultant 3 - Sales Practices Analyst
The Sales Practices Analytics team is a new team formed within Wholesale Relationship Strategies & Insights (WRS&I) organization, in the Insights and Reporting team. This team will support Wholesale and Enterprise initiatives for improved and consistent risk management for Sales Practices. Supporting a broader Enterprise effort and team already in place, this team will be focused specifically on Wholesale Lines of Business (LOBs). The focus will be on adapting to the Enterprise strategies and monitoring, and applying it at the Wholesale LOB and Total Wholesale levels.
This position will be a senior analytic consultant responsible for creating reports in support of the Wholesale Sales Practices strategy. This role will be crucial in helping devise and execute measurement of KRI (Key Risk Indicator) and KPI metrics around this program, in partnership with our Sales Practices Reporting team.
Additionally, this team member will need to engage with the different LOBs within Wholesale as well as Risk teams to ensure alignment of Sales Practices metrics across the business. The role will require flexibility and adaptability to different leadership styles of its many business partners. It is imperative that this team member is able to work with disparate data sources and understand how to bring this data together so that results are consistent and can be rolled up to the top level.
This will be a highly visible (and scrutinized) job function so the team member must exhibit exemplary analytic accuracy, communication and presentation skills. This team member must be able to take complex concepts and summarize them concisely and creatively for an Executive audience. This also requires the team member to excel at strategic thinking to recognize the most salient information quickly, and possess creativity to display this information in a visually pleasing, impactful, often innovative way. The team member must have strong verbal communication skills and be comfortable speaking to business partners at all levels of the organization.
Specific responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Identification, monitoring, and reporting of KRIs, KPIs, and other metrics, including sourcing information for reporting development
- Root cause analytics to provide clarity as to the underlying drivers of performance
- Partner with Wholesale Business Solutions to build a Wholesale sales practices data model through a partnership with Corporate, Wholesale, and LOB risk and analytics teams that determines how to best utilize existing data or develop new data. This will require acquiring a robust understanding of multiple data sources both inside and outside of Wholesale
- Establish relationships with partners in the Conduct Management Office, with Wholesale Business Risk & Controls, and the different Wholesale LOB leaders through ongoing engagement related to the formation and subsequent measurement and reporting of sales practices risk metrics
- Remaining consistent with the broader Wells Fargo risk standards set forth by the Enterprise team, build key metrics and reporting around Sales Practices for each of the Wholesale LOBs
- Maintain consistency in reporting for all LOBs while still addressing the unique concerns of each, to ensure the ability to aggregate performance at the Total Wholesale level
- Work closely with the LOBs to devise new and measurable sales practices metrics that, where appropriate, exceed the guidelines set at the Enterprise level
- Utilize advanced reporting techniques to track the success of these implementations and adjust accordingly
- Design executive dashboards with interactive functionality that allows management to track their KRIs in real time
Our preferred locations are Charlotte, Des Moines, San Francisco or Minneapolis; however, other Wells Fargo hubs may be considered
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with analytic coding tools (i.e. T-SQL/P-SQL)
- Hands on experience with OBIEE and other visualization and BI tools, with a keen ability to tell a visual data story
- Creativity to ideate new ways to represent data in graphs/tables/pictures to deliver the best insights
- Combination of reporting and strategic skills, able to take complex problems and efficiently and effectively determine the most important information
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time and accurately
- Inquisitive - eager to dig to the next level of a problem to ensure full understanding
- Strong background in bringing together data from disparate sources and leveraging it for insightful reporting
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.