- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Nov 17
Assist Dir – Research Concept Development
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of senior staff members, the successful candidate will gain first-hand experience in meeting the regulatory and business challenges faced by today's financial institutions.
Typical tasks include:
- Work closely with senior staff members and business analysts to assess clients' business needs relative to the development, customization, and implementation of sophisticated risk management solutions. Representative projects include CCAR/DFAST stress testing, PD/LGD/EAD model design and implementation, credit impairment analysis, and Solvency II related modeling.
- Conduct the quantitative components of the projects. Work with empirical researchers and data analysts to turn sophisticated research findings into applicable solutions.
- Interpret risk metrics, create presentations and reports on analytic findings, hold discussions with clients.
Moody's Analytics / Enterprise Risk Solutions
- Master or Ph. D degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research or Computer science or a closely related field;
- Strong quantitative and problem solving abilities;
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming/prototyping tools such as R, Matlab and Python is essential
- Experience with object oriented programming languages such as C++, C# or Java is a bonus;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Excel VBA and MS-SQL ;
- Strong communication (verbal and presentation) skills and experience collaborating on software implementation projects are essential.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.