- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Oct 17
Assistant Director - Senior Data Operations
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole:
As an Assistant Director - Senior Data Operations , you will be a vital member of our global Operations Group responsible for building and supporting business and technical processes of Moodys.com and Moody's data files, the main source of Moody's ratings and research. You will be part of a regional team who drives continual improvement in our procedures while also building new lean, repeatable processes. To achieve these goals, you will partner with global teams such as Strategy, Development, Client Services, and IT.
- Act as Data Subject Matter Expert for 1+ areas, with a solid understanding of the data and data processes that drive our products.
- Lead and contribute towards resolving escalated production issues, maintenance projects, and enhancement initiatives, with some supervision.
- Second-tier support including identifying, resolving and/or escalating client-reported product issues.
- Monitor and act upon system-generated reports for time-sensitive and regulated data feeds for a $125MM product.
- Partner with teams such as Product Strategy, Development, Program Management, Client Services and IT to meet business demands.
- Contribute to Business Continuity Planning.
- Support requests to maintain website content.
- Create and maintain documentation for team knowledge base.
- Work schedule requires availability on some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Depending on business needs, may have the opportunity to supervise people.
Moody's Analytics / Content
- 4+ years of experience in an operational or support role.
- Solid experience writing SQL (Sybase, Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Proven success in completing projects using ETL tools such as Clover and SSIS.
- Proven success in completing projects from definition to launch.
- Proven ability to handle multiple cross-functional projects with little supervision .
- Documented process flows using visual aids (ex: MS Visio).
- Guides, mentors or possibly supervises Operations Associates.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities including root cause analysis.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Exposure to Java a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Finance or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.