Associate, Digital Product Management
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Job background
We believe the future of ETF distribution is digital. As ETF adoption skyrockets around the world, we have a unique opportunity to shape the future of the investment industry. We are on a mission to transform iShares.com, to inspire and champion investor progress by creating the most trusted, valued and relevant digital experience. Are you with us?
We are building out a digital product management function, and we're looking for an awesome product manager for iShares.com to activate on this opportunity.
As a product manager, you will be responsible for understanding the business priorities and our clients' needs, bringing the two together to drive commercial success. This includes working with our lead product managers to drive the strategy, roadmap, development and activation of iShares.com - owning its overall success - and keeping abreast of the competition and broader industry trends.
To deliver the product, you will work with a vertically integrated team with some cross-regional dispersion. Additionally, the structure of the business internally means you will need to operate in a matrixed fashion with multiple stakeholders. As you deliver on the strategy and roadmap, you will need to skillfully solve for this complexity of users and stakeholders and take people on the journey with you. Additionally, you will partner closely with other internal digital distribution groups for consistency and leverage.
As you build your understanding of our clients, you'll be expected to identify other unmet client needs and opportunities for new digital products. In these cases, you will scope the business case, conceptualize and pitch these ideas.
You'll be customer-first advocate who is a confident communicator, super organised, resilient and respectfully anti-bureaucratic. Primary responsibilities
• Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
• Communicate product strategy to the rest of the business so internal stakeholders understand what we're doing and why we're doing it
• Use deep customer insight to evolve the iShares websites to improve customer experience and develop new product propositions
• Help us implement good product management practice, including the regular metric sharing • Keep leadership informed of the team's progress and provide a realistic picture of what is achievable with the resources at hand
• Keep abreast of the competitor landscape and make this a regular practice
• Embody a culture of ownership throughout the product team
• Select the right discovery techniques and tools and ensure our product team is delivering the right things, at speed
• Work with marketing, PR, and other stakeholders on promotional plans to ensure that strategies are integrated
• Ensure that cross-functional processes are smooth and inbound requests, maintenance and critical issues are swiftly resolved
• Represent the firm and the product by visiting clients to solicit feedback, and be flexible to travel for client insights Essential skills / experience
• 2+ years of experience leading the development of great digital products and propositions, managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Recent MBA without level of experience above can also be considered
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability in building excitement and consensus among the core team, our partner groups and executive management
• Ability to take complex customer and business problems, break them down in a clear, structured way and build novel, creative solutions that solve business and customer needs
• Experience with using agile to build a transparent, inclusive and focused environment for teams of 5-10 designers, engineers, and SMEs to deliver their best work
• Proven ability to drive an initiative to completion, making informed trade-offs as new information emerges and sweating the last 5% of the details that make a product our users love and our team is proud of
• Supremely organized and able to prioritize your time to have the greatest impact on the team and on our initiatives
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
• Flexible, collaborative, empathetic team player who doesn't mind getting scrappy when required to help the team
• Curiosity for our business, clients and mission and in the financial markets is desired About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.