Associate, Relationship Manager- Family Office (ICB)
Description About this role Family Offices, Foundation and Endowment Sales Relationship Manager Business Unit Overview:
The Institutional Client Businesses Group serves institutional clients in more than 60 countries, including corporate, public, union and industry pension plans; insurance companies; third-party mutual funds; endowments; foundations; charities; corporations; official institutions; banks; and individuals worldwide. We have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management. Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients' investment needs. Unified under one global client platform, Institutional Client Businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services and are supported by a centralized marketing function which ensures consistency globally. Role:
The Relationship Manager will develop and cultivate relationships with existing clients and prospects in the target market. He/she will market a full range of investment options including traditional long-only strategies, alternatives, ETFs, and multi-asset solutions. The role will be fully accountable for the financial results of an assigned book of business. Key Responsibilities:
- Design and implement an aggressive sales strategy for clients and prospects. Meet predetermined targets for net-new revenue, new mandates, and meetings.
- Identify and diligently pursue new investment opportunities through consultative dialogues with investors. Focus on strategic products for the group as well as mandates that will have the most commercial impact.
- Proactively manage existing relationships - identify and aggressively defend at-risk business.
- Record client activities and opportunities in CRM systems on a timely basis.
- Develop product fluency across BlackRock's investment options - including fixed income, equity, hedge funds, real estate, private equity and fund of funds.
- Work collaboratively with partners within BlackRock to meet clients' needs and objectives.
- Lead support staff on assigned accounts to service clients and implement sales strategy.
- Mentor junior team members and contribute to the staff's overall development.
- An established track record in institutional relationship management and fundraising, preferably with a focus on alternative investments.
- Deep industry and investment knowledge. Strong proficiency across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products. Clear awareness of key issues affecting institutional investors. A working knowledge of our competitors.
- An established network of industry relationships, and their key stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Economics, Finance or Accounting). MBA/CFA is desired.
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7, 63, and 3 licenses.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- Self-managed, highly driven by relationship management and revenue generation.
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills. Able to establish credibility with and influence the institutional investor community.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts. Ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver high levels of performance.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong professional and personal integrity.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.