Associate, iShares Product Consulting
Description About this role
The iShares Product Consultant position is a key role within BlackRock's Index and ETF Investment Group (EII), with responsibility for delivering product and investment expertise to financial professionals within the U.S. Wealth Advisory business. The successful candidate will serve as a client facing technical expert on the iShares product suite, craft competitive, bespoke product analyses for clients and help them understand how to best compare and use iShares ETFs. In leveraging investment expertise, product knowledge and various investment systems, the iShares Product Consultant is an important expert in winning new business and/or deepening large existing relationships collaboratively with the sales teams. Primary Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Provide support to the sales and distribution teams by delivering product expertise across the US-listed iShares product range. This includes desk-based support such as sales and client calls as well as in-field support for client meetings, roadshow events, and conference speaking engagements. Some travel may be required.
- Respond to client product assessment requests by crafting robust, customized analyses and articulating relevant insights. Types of requests include, but are not limited to, detailed single or multiple fund comparative analyses, ETF mechanics and other product related inquiries.
- Continually expand and deepen investment, industry and iShares product knowledge base. This includes staying abreast of the product development pipeline, current market environment and the latest relevant investment research.
- Proactively disseminate investment and product knowledge throughout the sales and marketing teams and other critical areas.
- Develop thought leadership and product positioning from primary research and package and deliver to partners and sales teams.
- Partner with internal product platforms to understand and ultimately deliver product insights to clients across various strategies and asset classes.
- BA/BS degree required. Masters, or progress toward, preferred.
- CFA, CAIA, FRM, or progress toward, preferred.
- Must have or obtain series 7 & 63 licenses within 3 months of employment.
- 3+ years of direct industry experience, including strong investment management knowledge and proven client facing capability. ETF product familiarity and direct industry experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills are a must. Hands-on experience with Morningstar Direct, Zephyr Analytics, Facset, Bloomberg or similar systems preferred.
- High level of self-motivation, with strong integrity & ethics and a team-oriented attitude.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written along with client facing (investment consulting / strategy / sales) experience.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally and across functionally / geographically disperse teams in a fast-paced environment.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.