Asst Dir- Sr QA Engineer
Job Description The candidate will be a part of the Enterprise Risk Solutions Architecture team located in our San Francisco office.
We actively seek a Sr Performance Engineer with extensive hands-on experience in performance analysis, DB tuning & scripting to join the Enterprise Risk Solutions Architecture team in the Americas. Self-motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed.
Moody's Analytics has a suite of products related to Credit Assessment and Origination. Our software is used extensively by commercial banks, other private sector financial institutions, and governmental organizations throughout the world.
- Analyze performance characteristics to identify bottlenecks in medium to large-scale systems.
- Skilled in benchmark creation, measurement and modeling of application behavior under load
- Contribute towards the development of our Performance Framework to measure and improve performance of our Core framework.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects who will provide direction and guidance.
- Responsible for detailed, high-quality communication and documentation.
- Understanding and working knowledge of modern SDLC and CI/CD Process
- Performance tuning recommendations for PostgreSQL database in a RHEL 7.X environment
Nice to haves:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Must have experience in Performance engineering design, implementing, and automating benchmarks.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP load generation /measurement software (e.g Jmeter, Locust, Gatling) troubleshooting and tuning skills.
- Develops and reviews performance test plans, results analysis, capacity planning guides etc.
- Develop a utomate test scenarios using tools & scripting languages.
- Ability to identify application/system bottlenecks
- Excellent understanding of systems performance: CPU, RAM, disk I/O, network stack, distributed systems performance behavior on cloud like AWS & Azure
- Knowledge of relational databases, database design and optimization is a plus
- Experience working in Agile SDLC with sprints and daily stand-ups
- Experience testing in cloud infrastructure AWS/Azure
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and REST Services.
- Should have database and server monitoring experience along with profiling tool experience.
- Hands on experience in developing scripts Unix Shell scripting, Python and Java.
- Experience with time series tools (Prometheus, InfluxBD, Graphite)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including good presentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
- Ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines in a changing environment.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.