Has your paper napkin business plan turned into a billion-dollar reality? Ours has and that sketch on a napkin is now our world-class software platform that combines cutting-edge technology with outstanding client service and premier wealth management capabilities. Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is designed to simplify the complexities of equity plan management, while helping employees realize the full potential of their benefits.
The Global Private Markets team at Shareworks is evolving as the growth engine of our business. We are in a competitive space and a growing market and have assembled a set of solutions through organic growth and strategic acquisitions that solve a wide variety of equity management needs. We are fortunate to support many of the most innovative and fastest growing private companies on the planet.
Our employees have helped us get to where we are today; and as we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for a Business Analyst on our Global Private Markets team to help write the next chapter with us. In this role, you will work with senior leaders as the glue that connects strategy, analytics and operations to accelerate our growth.
Located in San Francisco or South Jordan, Utah, the ideal candidate will be an analyst with strong analytical, financial and problem-solving skills. You should get excited about solving tough business problems and have a bias toward action and impact. Your ability to build relationships and work cross-functionally will define your success.
• Deeply embed within the Global Private Markets team to support the strategic and operational activities across the business
• Take ownership of month-to-month reporting with the goal of increasing visibility and accountability around metrics that drive growth and performance
• Conduct strategic analysis of customer acquisition, retention and pricing strategies to deliver actionable insights to product and business leaders
• Build high-level financial and analytical models to develop recommendations to influence and drive consensus across functional leaders
• Partner with product and go-to market and finance teams to prioritize product roadmaps, deliver recommendations and support monetization strategies for new offerings
• Own the development of presentation and enablement materials to engage and empower internal and external stakeholders
• Delivery of well-organized presentations, memos and emails to drive fact-based decision making
• Evaluate new market opportunities, analyze risks and develop proposed action plans
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Math, Engineering or related field (an MBA a bonus)
• 4+ years’ experience in business analysis, consulting, investment banking or strategic finance
• Demonstrated ability or aptitude to work cross-functionally with product managers, marketers and sales
• Strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills with an ability to interface with senior leadership
• Demonstrated ability in delivering strategic projects that leverage research, business modeling and data analysis to drive alignment and successful outcomes
• Experience at an enterprise software company with an understanding of SaaS/subscription models
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and experience working with data
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
• Strong proficiency with Excel and SQL
• You are a cultural addition to our team, and bring a diverse perspective
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Shareworks by Morgan Stanley, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.