- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Business Operations Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
The Risk & Finance Analytics (RAFA) division of Moody's Analytics delivers solutions to financial institutions to manage their risk exposures, profitability, and balance sheet. Our products and services are focused on the application of quantitative models to business problems associated with credit assessment and monitoring, portfolio management and construction, stress testing, and impairment processes. Our team consists of experts at interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics, and applying information and analytics to our customer's business needs.
The Business Operations Analyst reports to the Program Management Director. Will work with the management team and other internal partners to manage various operational, programmatic, and strategic aspects of the business. To be successful the individual will need to possess a wide range of skills to support and manage projects across a wide group of stakeholders
Operations and Business Analysis
- Support the process of identifying, prioritizing, planning, and managing strategic projects for Line of Business (LoB)
- Participate and/or lead team wide projects including management of specific business projects and change management programs.
- Development and ownership of analytics against performance measures at project, segment, and LoB levels.
- Manage the contractor hiring process for the business and associated expense analysis.
- Prepare executive management dashboard and reports to track progress of key performance metrics.
- Support financial forecasting activities, including development of detailed budget and forecast models to drive high quality decision-making and closely monitor business performance.
- Support other strategic projects and business wide initiatives.
Communication & Success Factors
- Produce and deliver regular communication to various stakeholders within RAFA team and other lines of businesses across Moody's Analytics regarding objectives, strategies, and departmental commitments
- Develop materials and messages to be distributed in various channels related to specific activities, relating them to broader objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate aptitude to work with senior team members and gain their confidence
- Demonstrate consistent delivery
- Team player with motivation for career growth
- A Bachelor degree preferably in a Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with demonstrated success with:
- Organizational Skills
- Project / Program Management
- Impactful communication across roles and levels of seniority
- Business Process Analysis
- Exposure to software or technology sector
- A diplomatic and professional work ethic and demeanour
- Analytic style, but with a consistent view to the big picture
- Self-starter, able to work independently
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.