Compliance Consultant 5
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Compliance Consultant 5
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Regulatory Compliance Risk Management (RCRM) is the corporate compliance function that safeguards Wells Fargo by ensuring that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet regulatory compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Also, RCRM serves as a second line of defense by providing the minimum standards for and independent oversight of business-based compliance risk management activities. In its oversight role, RCRM works in conjunction with the lines of business (LOBs) and the groups of which they are a part to help ensure the proper execution of regulatory requirements for which business management is primarily responsible. RCRM leads a coordinated, consistent and disciplined approach regarding compliance risk management that enables Wells Fargo to manage reputational and regulatory compliance risks and to protect the interest of its shareholders, while ensuring that the needs of internal and external stakeholders are met.
RCRM partners with various groups and LOB risk and compliance functions to perform its oversight function effectively. The RCRM Institutional, Brokerage & Fiduciary team provides enterprise-wise oversight for specific regulatory requirements related to activities conducted in LOBs that cater to institutional and commercial banking LOBs. Wells Fargo's Volcker Compliance Program Offic e is part of the RCRM Institutional, Brokerage & Fiduciary team.
This Compliance Consultant 5 position will be responsible for performing compliance risk management activities in support of the enterprise-level Volcker Compliance Program, and will ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and internal policy requirements. The position will also provide subject matter expertise to trading and funds-related LOBs and impacted support group partners on regulation and risk topics. This includes providing credible challenge on LOB and Group risk management activities and preparing reports and analyses that inform senior management regarding the enterprise's compliance with laws, rules, regulations, regulatory guidance, and internal policies and procedures.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight, guidance and credible challenge for Volcker Rule compliance risk management activities involving trading and funds-related LOBs
- Support the implementation and administration of enterprise-wide aspects of the Volcker Compliance Program, including the Volcker governance framework, enterprise-wide training, management reporting and annual attestations
- Conduct compliance risk assessments in accordance with regulatory expectations and best practices
- Analyze new products and business activities
- Possess and demonstrate compliance expertise at an enterprise level
- Participate in or lead cross-business initiatives to ensure successful implementation of applicable regulatory changes and other required action plans
- Build strong partnerships and collaborate effectively with LOBs, other risk functions, the Law Department, Wells Fargo Audit Services and regulatory authorities
- Assist team members with ad hoc assignments
- As appropriate, assist with the management of regulatory examinations and inquiries, and internal audits of assigned activities
- Assist with developing training materials
- Help ensure identified deficiencies are promptly addressed and resolved
- Ensure proper and effective communication is in place, and develop additional reporting as necessary
- Monitor the regulatory environment and Wells Fargo's compliance regarding assigned laws and regulations
- Communicate issues and new developments regarding assigned laws and regulations throughout the compliance community, as necessary
- Work with senior management, Law Department and other key constituencies to encourage, promote and enhance a culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in multiple areas of compliance risk and risks related to the rules and regulations of the FRB, OCC, SEC, FINRA, CFTC, and/or other federal, state and local laws and regulations
- 10+ years in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process management or financial services, of which at least 5 years must include direct experience in compliance or operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk) involving trading or funds-related activities.
- Experience with oversight of bank or securities and/or trading compliance programs and compliance risk assessments
- Working knowledge of the Volcker Rule
- Experience with activities of a global financial institution
- Previous regulatory or compliance experience in financial services
- Master's or Law Degree
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.