Allianz Global Investors is seeking an Data Engineer/Application Developer to support our Best Styles department. Best Styles is an active, highly diversified equity portfolio management team. The team’s investment philosophy is based on the conviction that Investment Styles like value, momentum and quality, offer risk premiums that can be harvested in a systematic approach, largely independent from the market and macroeconomic environment. This position will provide active engagement in experiencing the correlation between big data and real-world applications. If you are passionate about your knowledge and expertise coming to fruition in a tangible scope, this role is for you.
- Implements and maintains production level systems to generate investment ideas
- Implements complex analyses on multiple data sources using R, Python, SQL, NoSQL and others, making the data actionable
- Identifies and leverages new technologies to enable analytical best practices and provides new technologies to the broader platform from various data sources using R Shiny to build decision support systems and front ends
- Develops new features for production level systems
- Writes production code and builds analytical systems
- Creates and enhances big data pipelines
- Master’s degree in software engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience in software engineering; optional asset management or capital markets
- Strong programming and data engineering skills (SQL, R, Shiny, Python, etc.)
- Extremely detail-orientated with excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency with Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, and Databricks
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Experience with quantitative finance and investment research
- Extremely hard working and ambitious, with a high degree of integrity
- The ability to work well in a demanding, team-centric environment
Allianz Global Investors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability. Allianz Global Investors hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.