Data Engineer - Contract
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 11 Oct 18
Seeking a Data Engineer for a long term project with possibility to extend. Candidate will work closely with senior leadership.
My client is an American global investment management corporation.
- We are seeking a talented programmer/analyst with strong data management and ETL development skills to join our team. The candidate will work on all aspects of the data management process including the acquisition, onboarding, attribution, and reporting of newly acquired data sets. Opportunities to migrate existing data acquisition and onboarding processes to new / strategic sources and protocols will also be a priority
- Top technical / programming skills - in particular SQL, Python, Hadoop, Java and Excel - are a must.
- Experience in project management and laying out and communicating a project schedule
- Drive the onboarding and attribution of newly acquired data sets in to our database environment
- Bachelor's Degree, preference for Economics, Finance, or Computer Science or related fields preferred
- 4-9 years of experience developing in the HortonWorks Hadoop stack.
- Python, Hadoop, pySpark using Apache Spark, SQL Server SQL; Sybase
- 1-4 years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably at a top-tier asset manager, investment bank, or management consulting in a data-driven role, or at a technology firm
- Strong cross-functional experience in data management, onboarding and attribution of large data sets
- Ability to interpret data to help in strategic decision making
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Track record of strong performance
- History of effective multi-tasking (manage long complex projects alongside urgent high-priority tasks), expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Experience with financial markets, working knowledge of the asset management and/or financial services industry, preferred
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; expert Excel skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and coordination skills
6 month contract with possible extensions