- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Data and Service Engineer - Enterprise Risk Solutions
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
Moody's Analytics is looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate engineers in creating our next generation of risk management products. At Moody's Analytics, we believe that data and cloud is changing the nature of financial risk management.
In this role:
• You will join the early stage of projects and participate in defining the platform for the next generation products
• You will build API and processing pipeline for multi-tenant, high-volume, and real-time system on Spark and Hadoop platform
• You will transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
• You will continuously integrate and ship code into the cloud environment
• You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, PostgreSQL, Angular 4, Play
• You will participate in defining the architecture of modern tools and runtime for operating your code such as AWS, Docker
• You will work directly with Product Owners to deliver products in a collaborative and agile environment
Who you are:
You are passionate to be part of cutting edge projects and are motivated by delivering world-class products with great architecture on an aggressive schedule
You are not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about your craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
You use, or are passionate about learning, functional programming, AWS, Docker, Spark, Scala, Akka, Kafka, Cassandra - and anything else that will help you solve big, messy problems
This role is part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions Team
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other relevant field
- Excellent communication skills
- 1+ years of production development experience in Scala or other functional languages (Python or java with Lambda)
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience in Unix/Linux including basic commands and scripting
- Strong knowledge of source control systems and best practices (Git, Merging, Branching, Pull Requests, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of algorithm optimization and distributed systems
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
• Designing mission-critical system using AWS, Docker
• Knowledge of Statistics
• Experience in Fintech
At Moody's, we believe in using the right tool for the right job, and we are eager to use the best that the open source world has to offer. We practice agile development with fast iterations, continuous integration, automated testing and build process.
• Scala, Python, SBT, Play, Swagger
• Angular 4, Typescript
• Spark, HDFS, Yarn, Postgres, Cassandra, Redshift, Akka
• Node, Wepback and NPM
• ScalaTest, Spec2, Karma/Jasmine for Unit Testing
• Robot and Selenium for Integration Testing
• Puppet, Terraform, Packer
• AWS, Docker
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.