Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and prosper.
Corporate and Institutional Solutions (CIS) is a division within Morgan Stanley Wealth Management comprised of Corporate & Digital Solutions, Morgan Stanley @ Work, Virtual Client Solutions, Reinvestment, and Strategic Client Management. The overall goal and vision of CIS is to create a corporate experience and a consistent corporate employee (“participant”) experience and to engage them throughout their financial life journey that will ultimately lead to a furthering and deepening of their Morgan Stanley Wealth Management relationships. Our approach will be highly scalable, leveraging an omni-channel strategy with an emphasis on messaging, onboarding, cross-selling, activation and servicing. Our goal will be to drive growth across all client segments, including the Mass-Affluent, with new digital capabilities.
Our employees have helped us get to where we are today; and as we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for an IPO Transition Strategy, Executive Director on our Global Private Markets to help write the next chapter with us. In this role, you will ensure the smooth running of the GPM IPO Transition team; especially in the areas of winning pre-IPO clients, delivering operational excellence, and managing our client engagement. The Global Private Market IPO Transition Strategy Officer responsibilities include:
• Build and lead the IPO Transition Team focused on private companies looking to transition to a publicly traded company via initial public offering, direct listing, etc.
• Executive sponsor who will manage high level discussions & expectations with the Investment Bank
• Liaison between Institutional divisions on strategic clients of the Firm
• Identify IPO trends that will lead to new product development and meet the existing and future needs of clients
• Enhance stock administrator training including platform, public company knowledge, participant education, etc.
• Standardize and improve playbooks and transition tools
• Ensure the required resources are committed and available
• Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing diverse team
• Morgan Stanley at Work Thought leader to establish richer, more meaningful relationships with our clients and across the industry
Qualifications & Skills Required
• Experience building and leading teams
• Influencing and relationship building skills to be used across a broad set of stakeholders
• Change management skills and experience
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to execute
• Client centricity and advocacy skills
• Strong listening and written/verbal communication skills including the presence required to engage senior stakeholders
• Ability to work through ambiguity and drive clarity of direction for your team and stakeholders across the business
• An aptitude to see the holistic perspective - how the organization comes together – while paying attention to detail
• Resourceful – able to identify unique solutions to solve complex challenges with limited guidance
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage delivery/execution of a wide range of initiatives
• You are a cultural addition to our team, and bring a diverse perspective
• 10+ years of experience in financial services including retirement and stock plan administration experience
• Meaningful experience working on cross channel customer journeys
• Meaningful experience working with customer segmentation
• 5+ years of experience leading teams