Financial Engineer San Francisco, CA/en-US/BKC/job/San-Francisco-CA/Financial-Engineer_20-1291/apply Position:
Financial Engineer Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for using data analysis for reporting, testing, and calibrating financial models. Being able to clearly and effectively communicate with clients about model results and analysis.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for analyzing, testing, and calibrating financial models, tools and products.
- Works closely with Research and Development on the application and product development of financial tools. Provides consulting and analysis to clients using these tools.
- Demonstrates financial models to customers and clients to convince them to invest or buy their product or services.
- Assess the computing needs and system requirements by consulting with users, management, technicians, and vendors.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on model performance evaluation, conduct root-cause analysis, identify areas of enhancements, and develop risk factors and quantify the degree to which they could affect outcomes
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects.
- Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Finance or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Masters degree is preferred for senior level roles.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of financial theory and the behavior of various financial markets.
- Experience in SQL, UNIX, database, scripting, Matlab/R, SAS, is a plus.
- Experience with major market risk vendor products preferred
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply to practical applications
- Ability to solve complex technical problems, assimilate information rapidly and work under time constraints
- Team player with the willingness to collaborate with other technical and non-technical partners
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Experiences with business intelligence tools and reporting software
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving ability
- Effective organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to successfully network with other departments where necessary
Financial Engineering Consultant
Intermediate professional level role. Works with financial models of increasing complexity using advanced mathematical, analytical or econometric tools. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require intricate analysis and research, and develops complex solutions within a broad technical and business context. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Works on multiple projects as a project team member or sometimes as a project lead. May coach more junior technical staff. Typically requires five (5) or more years of related work experience in developing mathematical formulas, financial models and computer programs to create complex models of market trends and risks.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
San Francisco, CA Time Type:
Full timePosted YesterdayFull time20-1291 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness