Fixed Income Product Designer-ETF Product Design & Quality Group.
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
BlackRock is seeking an individual to join the ETF Product Design & Quality Group as a Product Designer. The position is open to Associate and VP level individuals. The Product Designer will be responsible for the design, delivery, and on-going quality management of fixed
BlackRock is seeking an individual to join the ETF Product Design & Quality Group as a Product Designer. The position is open to Associate and VP level individuals.
The Product Designer will be responsible for the design, delivery, and on-going quality management of fixed income exchange traded products. This position is a multi-faceted role, which requires interaction with many key stakeholders, including senior management, Portfolio Management, Capital Markets, Operations teams. Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of securities markets, investment products, respective asset class offerings and various distribution channels. The role is based in San Francisco and will report to the Fixed Income Product Design Lead.
Primary Responsibilities for ETF Product Design & Quality Group
- Create and maintain efficient and robust processes for the initial design and on-going quality management of BlackRock’s US fixed income ETF product offering
- Articulate the investment case for new products and align internal stakeholders on the merits of providing identified exposure through an exchange traded structure
- Develop feasibility assessment that articulates target portfolio formation in relation to regulatory requirements and performance expectations
- Work closely with portfolio managers and sales to design and develop products to be optimally positioned for commercial success
- Drive iShares fixed income products in the US to higher standards of quality and introduce design innovations to address challenging problems and build scale into our ETF platform.
- Engage relevant parties, assess, and drive decisions related to investment process design, operating model design, and business, operational and investment risks
- Develop strong partnerships with various internal groups such as Portfolio Management, Capital Markets, Risk and Quantitative Analysis (RQA), Legal, Compliance, Tax, and Fund Administration
- Work closely with implementation team to execute strategic product priorities driven by senior BlackRock ETF business leaders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues across the global ETF and Product organizations to foster collaboration and draw competitive advantage from BlackRock’s global footprint
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in financial services with experience in fixed income markets, product development, portfolio management, risk management, and/or product strategy
- BA/BS in finance, economics or other related field; MBA, MFE and/or CFA charterholder a plus
- Experience with ETFs, or in financial product development/structuring/management is desirable
- An understanding of fixed income, and/or other securities, commodities, or foreign exchange markets, portfolio construction, and trading
- Proven experience in managing projects throughout the stages of the development lifecycle, and ability to understand and manage dependencies appropriately
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.