Fund Accountant and Operations Specialist
- Competitive comp package
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
TITLE: Fund Accountant and Operations Specialist LOCATION: San Francisco, California THE COMPANY: Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity
TITLE: Fund Accountant and Operations Specialist
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager, Fund Accounting and Operations
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working closely with various business teams within Matthews Asia, the Fund Accountant and Operations Specialist will primarily be responsible for operational functions such as reconciliations, trade matching and settlement including accounting and administrative functions such as review of financial statements, daily, monthly and quarterly accounting reporting. Most responsibilities will be performed daily, but some will follow weekly, monthly or quarterly cycles.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assist with middle and back office functions related to fixed income and equity portfolios which include locally denominated (deliverable and non-deliverable currencies) and USD bonds, interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, futures, and currency forwards throughout the trade life cycle, including trade matching and settlement reconciliation.
- Income reconciliation for Fixed Income coupon payments, trade matching, tracking variable rate coupon changes, and reconciliation of margin payments for derivatives
- Liaise with various counterparties such as brokers, fund accountants and custodians
- Acquire / prepare and review various data, such as performance, accounting reports, and security trade related data
- Income reporting such as yield calculations, P&L reporting, and amortization and accretion management.
- Maintain a schedule of receivables related to fixed income and derivatives and reconciling these balances with counterparties
- Work with the Operations team to review annual/semi-annual/quarterly mutual fund financial statements
- Assist with management of various other accounting and operations functions such as foreign tax reporting relating to our investments, shareholder ownership reporting and Passive Foreign Investment Company reporting
- Opportunity to participate in various other projects that will help contributes to a fast growing Company in an exciting environment.
- At least 3 years of experience with Financial Statement Review, Mutual Fund operations or Fund Accounting (including reconciliations)
- Bachelors degree
- Willingness to work in a rotational shift with other members of the operations team, including night shifts, Sunday nights and holidays.
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- International fixed income and equity experience a must
- Must have excellent attention to details and good communication skills
- Have strong critical thinking and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required. Experience with Microsoft Word and Bloomberg is preferred
- Experience with Geneva, CRD and/or CTM (Central Trade Manager) a plus
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.