GIR, Content Management Group, Equity Research Translator (English to Chinese), Analyst/Associate, USA
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY
Goldman Sachs has an opening in its Global Investment Research department in US/EMEA for an experienced English to Simplified Chinese translator. The successful candidate will be a native-level Chinese speaker with an excellent grasp of the English language, with a particular emphasis on reading competence, and experience in financial or equity research translation.
S/he will be a dedicated professional who will work closely with our large team of equity research analysts and editorial/production staff contributing to the production of analytical research reports. The successful candidate will be a member of the Global Content Management Group, which is responsible for the translation, editing, clearance, and distribution of Global Investment Research product.
Applicants should have significant experience as a translator. Prior experience working in a Windows-based PC environment is necessary. We are looking for an experienced, responsible team player who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the translation process as well as work on ad hoc projects.
- Work closely with research analyst teams.
- Meet deadlines and function professionally under deadline pressure.
- Use proprietary applications to manage workflow.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an equity research/financial/business translator (translation skills must be demonstrated through a standard test.)
- Ability to also translate from Chinese into English if required.
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends in China and the Chinese language.
- Ideally university graduate.
- Relevant financial qualifications advantageous (NYSE Series 16, CMA, CFA)
- Knowledge of basic accounting terms and calculations; familiarity with a broad range of securities, business and industry terminology; an understanding of equity valuation and economic concepts.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft desktop software-Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proven time-management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and juggle several projects at the same time and to work under tight deadline pressure.
- Reliable team player, but also able and happy to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (must manage relationships with large group of internal clients, including direct managers, analyst teams and global editorial counterparts.)
- High motivation-a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a genuine interest in business and the financial markets, and the desire to broaden his or her skill base through study
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player and collaborates with others within and across teams
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead and finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity