- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Head of Data Technology and Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAWithin Moody's Analytics, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS Division is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience. The ERS Data Intelligence Group creates value-added information, IP and content that are used by our clients to meet their business needs and to produce actionable data-driven intelligence. Our team consists of experts at interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics, and applying data to our customer's business needs.
The DI Group has a requirement for an individual to lead the Data Technology and Engineering Group. This team designs and develops ERS' data platform using technologies consistent with overall cloud technology stack that will provide automation, scalability, consistency, and cost efficiency for ERS data processes. They also lead the Data Alliance Portal product strategy and development, API development and advocacy, and cloud strategy. The ideal candidates must have previous experience in engineering, data management and process re-engineering within the financial industry or financial information providers. The successful candidate will join the ERS DI Group, a growing team within the MA organization that provides excellent career opportunities and benefits. Some travel may be required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall ERS data architecture and strategy
- Lead the design and development of ERS's data platform using cloud technologies stack
- Lead the re-engineering of ERS data processes and development of APIs for data portability
- Work with product teams and line of businesses to streamline the data flow and ETL pipelines into content production and products
- Gather regular feedback from external and internal clients
- Maintain relationships at all levels with clients and prospective clients, industry experts, and other groups at MA
Moody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and financial information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of best practices with regards to SDLC
- Strong architectural background with knowledge of full stack
- Previous experience with setting and executing on technology strategies
- 3+ years working on cloud especially AWS ecosystem
- Strong experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Hands-on experience with build and deploy best practices and technologies (containers, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Previous management experience of engineers
- Track record of customer facing product delivery
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining high performing engineers
- Innovative approach to solving complex issues and problems
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Team player with management skills and the ability to lead others
- Work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, professional and personable
- Engineering degree, MSc or BSC on Computer Sciences or similar
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.