IBD, Classic, Healthcare, San Francisco, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about the financial services industry? We're looking for an Associate to join our Healthcare team in San Francisco to use their skills and ideas to make an impact to the success of the business at Goldman Sachs. OUR IMPACT
The Healthcare group provides advice and services across a wide range of sub-sectors, including: Biotechnology, Diagnostics / Life Sciences, Healthcare Information Technology, Healthcare Services, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceuticals.
With professionals in offices around the world, the group provides the full range of Goldman Sachs' investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, equity and debt financings, financial restructurings and risk management. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Investment Banking Associates at Goldman Sachs gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills. Associates create and analyse financial models, performing scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of client alternatives. In addition, Associates organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. Associates may also participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our Associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs' banking teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above required
- Significant experience in Healthcare sector within the private equity/investment banking/financial services industry required
- Experience with client coverage and execution of M&A and capital raising transactions required
- Exposure to corporate finance and valuation analyses including DCF, LBO, merger consequences, WACC etc. required
- Experience of conducting business, financial and legal due-diligence; preparing marketing materials, RFPs and structuring transactions required
- Familiarity with financial and merger modeling, accretion/dilution, ROIC and debt capital analysis required
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent stakeholder/client relationship management experience required interpersonal skills required
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities required
- Strong analytical background with experience working with large and complex data sets
- Strong communication (verbal and written), multi-tasking and time management skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity