Internal Audit, Vice President
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock’s individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit’s work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
Our Audit Teams “At a Glance”
With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit Team performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
The Technology Audit Team, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms. The Technology Data Analytics team, based in the US, performs in-depth data mining and analysis in support of audit controls testing.
PDO (Practices, Development & Operations):
Supporting the entire Audit infrastructure is the Internal Audit Practices Operations and Business Management Team. This group is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across a global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place. The team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management.
The Unique Qualities We Look For
The Internal Audit team at BlackRock is growing rapidly and is seeking to hire highly motivated, hard-working, self-starting and collaborative team members around the globe. We are seeking people who are eager to learn about the various businesses as BlackRock, and we offer a unique career path for qualified individuals.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
This Internal Audit Vice President role offers a unique opportunity to support all aspects of the Americas Business audit team’s engagement with regulators, while also being provided the opportunity to be involved in various aspects of the Audit group’s risk assessment, assurance and advisory activities.
Given the breadth of BlackRock’s business activities and regulated entities, the scope of this role will include direct engagement with different regulators and business functions spanning investments, client businesses, operations, compliance and risk management.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Formulating and managing Internal Audit responses to regulator (e.g. OCC, SEC) inquiries and requests
- Management and oversight of Internal Audit validation activities specific to regulator raised matters, including supervision of audit staff
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with various BlackRock businesses on regulator matters
- Direct engagement with regulators
- Participate in Internal Audit business engagement responsibilities for certain BlackRock regulated entities to discuss business performance, strategic priorities and operational matters
- Identification and assessment of current and emerging regulator risks, themes and trends
- Assistance in the formation of the annual BlackRock and regulated entity audit plans through direct input, insight and perspective around current business, industry and regulatory risk factors
- Oversee or participate in the execution of regulatory required or business audits (global and regional) including all aspects of the audit process (e.g. risk assessment; scope determination; test work; reporting).
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of legal entity committee reporting
- Provide timely and candid feedback and coaching to staff, including educating the global team on regulator matters.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferred. BA/BS is required
- Strong and broad exposure to the Asset Management industry with a deep understanding of regulations specific to investment advisers, investment funds, bank holding companies and broker dealers.
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- Direct experience engaging with regulator
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Very strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Intellectual curiosity and healthy skepticism
- Commitment and strong work ethic
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Professional certifications such as CFA or CPA (or equivalent) are a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including a
ny applicable fair chance law.