San Francisco based investment firm is looking for a corporate governance-legal professional with experience working with the board of directors of a complex investment management firm.
The firm has a full-time team that prepares reports and works on projects that support quarterly and monthly board and committee meetings. The role requires strong writing skills, knowledge of the investment management industry and a legal background with proven work on Investment Company Act of 1940 (‘40 Act) issues.
- Assisting with all aspects of Board of Directors’ and Committee meetings including: Drafting and revising documents such as meeting agendas, selected meeting materials, minutes
- Responsible for ensuring the timely, complete and accurate delivery to the Board of Directors of routine quarterly reports and materials related to special or annual matters.
- Works closely with Legal, Product and other Business partners to produce quarterly and annual new fund materials for Board approval as required under Section 15(c) of the Investment Company including memos, resolutions and presentations.
- Drafts and edits analyses and presentation materials for new or unique business initiatives and special projects.
- Coordinates and schedule meetings, timelines, and logistics, and manages Board production timelines
- Organizes and leads meetings, including drafting of agendas, materials and minutes
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of reports for senior management
- Assists in the review and loading of Board Books to an electronic platform
- Implements record keeping requirements and reviews and maintains policies and procedures for the team.
- Superior writing and communication skills
- A JD or MBA with 5+ years of legal experience with a major investment management firm
- Deep knowledge of Federal securities laws (Investment Act of 1940)
- High Level of Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and SQL
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to work in a time-sensitive environment
Keywords: Board Governance, Meeting Preparation, Minutes, Board Reports, Investment Act of 1940, Lawyer, Analytics
Please refer to Job #23621 – and send MS Word attached resume to Jim Geiger, email@example.com | For More Opportunities, please visit www.analyticrecruiting.com