Management Director, Community
Managing Director - the community - SAN FRANCISCO
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Type of job: Permanent
Date published: 31-Jan-2020
Domain: Business Development & Client Services
Job ID: 69522 Share
the community is seeking a Managing Director to join their SF team!
The Managing Director is a strategic business leader, trusted partner and champion for all clients and agency business. This role holds accountability for the health of all client relationships and will understand the clients business, its engines of profitability, the competitive framework, the issues of the category, the politics of the client organization, and more. This role is a true client partner, delivering strategic leadership and sincere passion to do amazingly effective work. This role is responsible for organic growth with existing clients and partnering with Strategic and Creative leadership to build client portfolio.
Accountable for high-level relations with all clients, including overall client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget. This role will align client deliverables and processes to drive innovative and award-winning work consistent with leadership vision.
- Establishes overall client relationship standards for their account teams to follow
- Nurtures and builds client relationships at the most senior level
- Leads clients, brand team and internal teams to push the work into new territory that is effective and innovative
- Determines strategic direction and tone for assigned or gained accounts
- Working closely with our Director of New Business, this role identifies and directs new business development by closing new business
- Focus on organic growth within existing client relationships
- Financially responsible for all account budgets and expenses
- Leads Account Directors to develop and negotiate a staffing as well as scope of work for the account
- Responsible for quality for group-end result for all clients across agency
- Stays ahead of the curve on area of specialty/core competency
- Hires, manages, develops, and promotes team members
- Establishes relationships across all agency disciplines and agency businesses for team members within the San Francisco office as well as cross office teams
- Sets quality standards for the accounts and enforces adherence
- Aggressively pursues new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability
- Reviews appropriate work in progress before presentation to client
- Develops and reviews proactive ideas to grow the business
- Stays abreast of agency and client competitive environment
- Collaborates with departments to create/revise client proposals
- Attends interdepartmental briefings
- 15+ years of related agency work experience required in an account management, strategy, or Managing Director capacity
- Must have experience running integrated accounts (digital, social, traditional) and cross-functional teams
- Experience managing and growing high profile C-Suite client relationships within matrixed client organizations
- Experience managing large budgets
- English required. Spanish fluency a plus.
The Community started with one goal in mind: creating a different type of company, that creates a different type of advertising. Never abiding by traditional definitions of how an agency works, weve never been traditional in our approach to ideas, brands, culture, nor the kind of people who join our community. We are not a multicultural agency. Were a global agency made of diverse backgrounds, with one unifying mission: to create culturally-potent ideas for a multi-everything world. www.thecommunityagency.com As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, la comunidad Corporation (dba "The Community" and a wholly owned subsidiary of Publicis Sapient) is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-305-865-9600. Default Apply
© 2020 Publicis Sapient. All Rights Reserved.