Operational Risk Manager 4 - Quality Assurance Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Operational Risk Manager 4 - Quality Assurance Manager
Wholesale Business Risk & Controls is a newly formed team within the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that is responsible for supporting Wholesale with risk strategy and implementation of critical Wholesale-wide risk initiatives promoting consistency, efficiency, and sustainability of processes to meet regulatory, enterprise, and group risk expectations. This new group interfaces with second and third lines of defense, as well as the risk teams within each Wholesale LOB, to implement consistent control processes across Wholesale that are better aligned with business processes. Wholesale Business Risk & Controls also acts as a control interface point for Wholesale regulatory and agency interactions.
The Quality Assurance Manager is a new role reporting, initially, to the Head of Wholesale Business Risk & Controls (WBR&C). This leader will be responsible for defining, developing, and overseeing a quality assurance program focused on the standards and practices relative to the formal implementation and maintenance of the enterprise Conduct Risk program within Wholesale lines of business.
The Quality Assurance Manager will manage a newly formed team designed to provide independent assurance that Wholesale LOB Conduct Risk programs and controls are operating effectively across the following priority sub-risk types: ethics and integrity risk, fiduciary and investment risk, and sales practices risk. As the WBR&C team continues to grow, the Quality Assurance Manager and his/her team may expand focus across additional risk disciplines.
Most immediately, this leader and his/her team will focus on conducting analyses of the Wholesale LOB sales practices risk remediation efforts and consulting with the business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure compliance with all external regulatory requirements and internal policies.
More specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Developing and ensuring a clear understanding of Wholesale business operations and all elements of the enterprise Conduct Risk and sales practices risk requirements and related policies.
- Defining, establishing, and implementing consistent controls and processes to ensure LOB Conduct Risk and related sales practices risk remediation efforts are complete, sustainable, and of quality. This includes ongoing review of in-progress implementation efforts, as well as completed items.
- Ensuring that QA program is in compliance with corporate policy.
- Overseeing execution of Conduct Risk and related sales practices risk data QA process.
- Developing procedure for and overseeing execution of LOB operational risk team member quality assurance across LOBs.
- Managing the team responsible for executing first-line-of-defense reviews of the Wholesale LOB sales practices remediation efforts - including monitoring methodology, quality scorecards, and comprehensive reporting to business leadership.
- Ensuring that issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary.
- Advising staff to ensure resolution of complex issues where expertise is required to interpret and administer policies, guidelines, processes, or tools. Engaging with business leaders and partners to clarify as needed.
- Provides consultation to business and staff to develop corrective action plans, ensuring corrective action and change management to resolve issues requiring improvement or redesign.
- Engaging with Audit, Law Department, Testing & Validation, and Corporate, Wholesale, and LOB risk/compliance, support, and customer facing teams.
- Developing and implementing BAU quality control processes that will confirm and document compliance with Conduct Risk and related sales practices risk policies and standards, verify consistency of execution across the Wholesale LOB programs, and promote continuous improvement.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience in the financial services industry, including development, implementation and sustainment of approach
- Experience with internal audits, quality inspection, controls testing/improvement, process management, and issues management
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills and ability to operate in a team-oriented culture
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with all levels of management on high- impact initiatives across multiple LOBs
- Results oriented and resourceful leader, capable of quickly taking control of responsibilities and establishing oneself as a credible strategic partner, ability to resolve issues
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate approach and execution models to support programs
- Acts with courage, ethics and integrity, and provides appropriate credible challenge
- Demonstrated success in aligning divergent positions and bringing cohesion to diverse perspectives
- Proven success in mobilizing and leading direct report, matrix and/or partner resources to get work done
- Demonstrated experience in providing outstanding customer or business support as a trusted, business-driven, results-oriented leader
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.