Product Engineering, Vice President - Aladdin Accounting(San Francisco)
Description About this role
As the senior technical lead , you will develop solutions and lead a team that works closely with BlackRock's Aladdin Product Management and Design team to build Aladdin's Corporate Actions platform. Our primary objective is to ensure that systems are highly scalable to support ongoing business demands and client requirements. The Corporate Actions Product development team is responsible for delivering tools used by Portfolio Managers, Operations professionals at BlackRock and Aladdin Clients, when assets undergo Corporate Action Events. The highly automated system takes care of managing the entire life cycle of a corporate action event from sourcing of the events, computing the portfolio eligibility, manage the electronic communication with custodians, perform mathematical calculations to generate accurate trades and finally manage the electronic settlement with custodians. The team has a global footprint with team members in New York, San Franciso, and Gurgaon. Key responsibilities:
• The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on technical development skills and also managing development teams that work on business facing transactional system.
• Demonstrated the ability to manage people, make architectural decisions, understand business processes to deliver the cleanest solutions.
• Share responsibility for architecture and implementing the firms product development vision.
• Own responsibility for availability, scalability, performance and capacity from development through production for the corporate actions platform.
• Reduce errors on deployments, improve reliability, and increase speed of implementation through automation
• Continuously refine and improve our toolset to improve our data and persistence layers Core Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience in IT including at least 4 years in design and architecture roles
• Experience building multi-tier, scalable, fault tolerant web applications
• Experience with platform integrations and designing service APIs
• Extensive Service-Oriented Architecture patterns and design knowledge and familiarity with cloud based services
• Expertise in working with complex cross-domain applications in a global organization across multiple time zones
• Enjoys a fast paced, high-intensity and complex environment, troubleshooting time sensitive critical issues and working with people
• Extensive experience with multi-tier transactional architecture and design
• Extensive experience in enterprise software development in Java and web development stacks (Angular, NodeJS, HTML & CSS)
• Experience with Sybase, Cassandra
• Event / Stream processing technologies
• Experience using Agile methodologies - previous experience working from a backlog, sprints, retrospectives etc.
• Passionate about test driven, clean code, automatically tested and continuous deployment
• Line management experience
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to present and convey ideas
• Strong attention to detail; action-oriented attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves
• Curious to explore emerging technologies and learn new things
• Use metrics to drive decision making
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering degree with relevant experience, Masters degree preferred.
• Experience in the financial services industry is preferred Leadership:
• Coordinate and plan with your peers in other offices around the globe
• Manage and lead complex projects
• Communicate effectively to senior managers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.