- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Quantitative Business Analyst (Risk & Finance Analytics)
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
Join the product management team in the Risk and Finance Analytics division at Moody's Analytics. This role requires quantitative background and relevant work experience in the impairment accounting, credit risk modeling, loss allowance estimation, and agile software development cycle. The Product Manager will consolidate client requirements and calculation specifics into user-focused software design. Knowledge of credit risk modeling and accounting processes at financial institutions are required. Hands-on experience on data mining and quantitative programming are desirable. The role will entail consolidating client requirements, researching market best practices, monitoring regulatory standards, performing acceptance testing, conducting product training, and occasionally supporting pre-sales activities.
- Provide business analysis specialized in the credit risk modeling, loss allowance calculation, and financial/accounting (FASB, IFRS) to facilitate product feature design and development
- Research, gather, and synthesize requirements from market best practice, regulatory accounting standards, and client use cases into functional specifications
- Work on a daily basis with the software engineering teams to provide priorities, use cases, acceptance tests, and documentation according to the product strategy and client-driven requirements
- Deliver product roadmap, demo, training, mockup, prototyping, customization, and documentation materials to support pre-sales, onboarding, and post-sales support activities
Moody's Analytics and Enterprise Risk Solutions:
Moody's Analytics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Moody's Corporation, offers leading-edge software, advisory services, and research to help its clients better understand and manage financial risk. It is a fast-growing organization that has come to be recognized by a global list of clients as a thought leader in the areas it serves. Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS), a division of Moody's Analytics, develops solutions for financial institutions, large companies, and governments seeking to implement best practices in risk measurement and management. We have a need for outstanding individuals with strong analytical ability, excellent communication skills, and an interest in financial consulting and analytics.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in quantitative fields is required. Graduate degree (e.g. MBA, Master's), or Ph.D. in financial mathematics/engineering or other quantitative fields is preferable
- Solid understanding of finance and credit risk models - CFA, CPA, FRM, or PRM certification a plus.
- 3-5 year of exposures in agile software development cycle, with some hands-on experience in R or Python coding.
- 3-5 year of experience in quantitative analysis in credit risk modeling, loss allowance estimation, impairment accounting (ALLL/CECL/IFRS9), and fair value/hedge accounting
- Proficiency in R or Python is desirable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.