- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17
Quantitative Financial Assurance Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAMoody's Analytics is looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate engineers in creating our next generation of risk management products. At Moody's Analytics, we believe that data and cloud is changing the nature of financial risk management
In this role:
As a Quantitative Financial Assurance Associate , you will analyze and assure the quality of financial statistics produced by our leading-edge credit risk measurement products. This is an opportunity to help develop the latest breed of financial applications based on world-class financial research.
You will work directly with Product Owners to deliver products in a collaborative and agile environment.
- Review financial analytics requirements and work with Product Management to come out testing plan and testing strategy
- Create test cases, execute tests, analyze testing results and provide summary reports to the project team
- Collaborate with Engineering teams across multiple business lines to ensure complete end to end test coverage for integrated solutions
- Execute and maintain automation test suites, regression tests, and financial testing systems
- Provide 2 nd tier support on modeling questions to clients
Who you are:
• You are passionate to be part of cutting edge projects and are motivated by delivering world-class products on an aggressive schedule
• You are not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about your craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
• You use, or are passionate about learning, data engineering, functional programming, AWS, Docker - and anything else that will help you solve big, messy problems.
- You have good communication skills and an eagerness to learn.
- You should be self-starters who work with minimal direction, with excellent technical skills and have an aptitude for building and understanding complex architectures.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Financial Engineering, Management Information System, Operating Research, or closely-related field
- Academic training or experience in Financial Risk Models, Fixed income analysis, Balance sheet management.
- Superb analytical skills and persistence in analytical and problem solving, quantitative approach to understanding problems in finance
- Data mining experience with large financial databases (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL MySQL) and data files in csv, txt, and XML format
• Good knowledge of testing frameworks and best practices
Nice to have
- Robot framework
- Big data processing and data engineering experience.
At Moody's, we believe in using the right tool for the right job, and we are eager to use the best that the open source world has to offer. We practice agile development with fast iterations, continuous integration, automated testing and build process.
• Scala, SBT, Play, Swagger
• Angular 2, Typescript
• Spark, HDFS, Yarn, Postgres, Cassandra, Redshift
• Node, Wepback and NPM
• ScalaTest, Karma/Jasmine for Unit Testing
• Robot and Selenium for Integration Testing
• Puppet, Terraform, Packer
• AWS, Docker
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.