Research Analyst San Francisco, California/en-US/alliancebernsteincareers/job/San-Francisco-California/Research-Analyst_R0003835-1/apply
AB Arya Partners (“Arya” and “Fund”) is a separate business unit within AllianceBernstein L.P. (AB). AllianceBernstein is composed of five separate business units. Arya is a low-net, fundamental long/short equity-focused multi-manager platform investing across industries and geographies.
The Arya Research Analyst will support a San Francisco based Consumer Portfolio Manager, within AllianceBernstein’s Arya Partners business unit.
As a Research Analyst, you will:
- Gain insight to the challenging dynamics of working on an equity focused, long/short, multi-manager hedge-fund platform
- Acquire expertise working with a Portfolio Manager who is a seasoned sector/region expert and who is responsible for autonomously managing an independent book of allocated capital for the fund
- Learn a process driven model for fundamental, in-depth analysis of an industry and subset of companies, and make contributions to forward-looking financial analysis.
- Perform diligent & deep dive fundamental research on universe of investments.
- Assist in the construction and management of a portfolio of long/short equity & related instruments with a focus on generating high idiosyncratic returns.
- Update individual models & research notes on ideas on a regular basis in keeping with the investment and compliance process requirements.
- Interact with trading, management, and other research teams across the firm.
A candidate should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record - academic credentials typically include test scores and grades in the 90th percentile and above.
- Excellent broad-based analytical skills - 2-5 years’ experience within Sell-side Research, Investment Banking or Hedge fund experience
- Experience in the consumer sector is preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative backgrounds (may have credentials such as the CFA or CPA)
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
- We look for consummate team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development.
San Francisco, CaliforniaPosted 7 Days AgoFull timeR0003835
We are a leading global investment management firm offering high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the globe. With over 3,700 employees across 51 locations operating in 25 countries, our ambition is simple: to be the most trusted investment firm in the world. We realize that it's our people who give us a competitive advantage and drive success in the market, and our goal is to create an inclusive culture that rewards hard work.
Our culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration creates an environment where you can thrive and do your best work. Whether you're producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business or providing thoughtful advice to our clients, we want to support you in making your impact. If you're ready to challenge your limits and empower your career, join us!