- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAIn this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' Data Intelligence team as a Senior DevOps Engineer. You will work closely with developers and help them to build AWS infrastructure to perform different activities including build and deploy software to Cloud, set up new services (for example create Redshift cluster, create and assign new roles, take care of security between different subnets and etc.). You also will be responsible for setup and day-to-day monitoring build/deploy process for different projects on different environments.
- Evaluate current software engineering processes, and have a strive towards improving processes that create business value within a fast-paced CI/CD environments;
- Develop automated deployments in relation to both cloud and data center environments.
- Manage software upgrades for distributed environments;
- Collaborate with Developers, Data Analysts and Product Managers to coordinate and align development team activities to deadline and goals;
- Monitor processes, review performance metrics; pinpoint bottlenecks, and develop optimal solutions;
- Setup build/deploy workflow for new environments/services/applications
Moody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and financial information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries. Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS Division is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience. The ERS Data Intelligence Group creates value-added information, IP and content that are used by our clients to meet their business needs and to produce actionable data-driven intelligence. Our team consists of experts at interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics, and applying data to our customer's business needs.
- 3+ years of experience supporting DevOps and software development operations;
- 3+ years with GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab ;
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Jenkins;
- exposure to Splunk, Chef;
- Deep knowledge and at least 5 years of hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS certificate is preferable);Good knowledge in System Administration of Linux and Windows;
- 5+ year of experience with Bash;
- Experience with BigData (S3, Microservices, RDBMS/Redshift/NoSQL), ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, and Docker;
- Very deep understanding of TCP/IP, subnet masks and how to setup different types of relationships between subnets;
- Some experience with Jira;
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.