SMBC is seeking a Senior Advisor, Commercial Banking, for a 6-month consultancy, to assist in leading the execution of venture debt transactions.Responsibilities
· Act as a senior mentor to lead, help and support Relationship Managers to originate and identify opportunities to support companies with debt products
· Structure and underwrite new loans, including the ability to negotiate term sheets for venture debt origination.
· Participate in the bank’s activities both internally and externally (meeting with Venture Capitalists, clients and attending conferences, etc.). Represents the bank at external events and maintains SMBC brand.
· Build strategic relationships with key executives and influencer's in the Venture Capital and ecosystem.
· Responsible for new business development and expansion of existing relationships.
· Recommends new business development opportunities and decisions related to portfolio management and performance management of the team.
· Prepare due diligence and credit assessment for evaluation of credit lending opportunities and risk.
· Monitor venture debt portfolio for compliance status.
· Strong background in venture debt structuring and execution
· Venture debt specific knowledge around pricing, warrants, covenants, deposit, MAC is required
· Experience in leading syndicated deals
· Hands on experience in restructuring venture debt preferred
· Experience working in the venture capital and start-up ecosystem
· Strong finance, analysis and commercial lending experience, including the ability to understand and negotiate credit terms