Senior Manager, Data,Science
Senior Manager, Data Science San Francisco, CA Engineering Full-time Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. *Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC The Senior Manager, Data Science is a motivated individual who has a significant impact across the organization by delivering the most relevant content to our users and by helping drive accelerated growth. You will own the Engagement Recommendation Science team who influences, email modeling, user engagement modeling, and feature engineering.
What Youll Do:
- Hire extraordinary Data Scientists into the organization, and structure the team for hyper-growth for the next few years
- Partner with colleagues throughout the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to demonstrate our extensive data to better serve our users
- Responsible for accelerating revenue advancement through disruptive and continuous improvements in targeting models, feature engineering including user profiles and behavior, personalization, etc.
- Lead our industry-first data science / machine learning platform for financial institutions, to enable certainty of approval for 85+ million consumers!
- Craft a research environment within the team to explore the frontiers of Deep Learning, Recommender systems, and other areas, as they apply to Personal Finance
- Represent Data Science in company EC meetings and business reviews. Be able to translate difficult technical subject matter to business partners
- Represent Credit Karma in external forums such as conferences, speaking engagements and meetups, and act as a talent magnet and spokesperson in such forums
Whats great about the role:
- You will be responsible for the entire marketing challenge for all business and have a huge impact from the Data Science perspective to the Business
- You will work with large scale Machine Learning Models to optimize for Market Channel Efficiency!
- Leading, managing and mentoring a highly impactful team, who are working on large scale projects that directly impact the business and members
- You will experience both personal and professional growth as you encourage growth throughout the team
What we are looking for:
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D. / MS) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- 7-8+ years of experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and related areas, ideally in hyper-growth consumer Internet scenarios
- 1-2+ years leading teams of Data Scientists. Consistent track record with hiring and motivating excellent Data Scientists
- You have experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, time series analysis, and mixed-effect models, and Machine learning techniques
- You have various techniques in Deep Learning, advanced Recommendations Systems, Search Ranking, Experimentation a plus
- You have optimizing business outcomes in hyper-growth Internet companies (predictive science, ad yield management, marketplaces, etc) a huge plus
Additional experience you bring:
Equal employment opportunity Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- You possess experience with Finance data (credit record data, loan underwriting)
- Ambitious, results oriented, hardworking, creative thinker and a trustworthy leader
- Authoritative knowledge of Python, R and SQL, as well as ML systems such as TensorFlow, Torch, etc.