- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior User Experience Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Senior User Experience Designer is a talented practitioner responsible for the design and delivery of exceptional interaction and visual designs. This individual employs a user- centered design methodology to create exceptional experiences for our customers. The Senior User Experience Designer works closely with user experience team members, product strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into designs that enhance the overall end-user experience.
The Senior User Experience Designer works in a multidisciplinary environment, and in a collaborative fashion, on user experience design activities throughout the software development lifecycle, often with numerous design initiatives occurring concurrently.
This individual contributes to the design of the overall look and feel of interactive user interfaces across multiple products and platforms.
- Contributes to the experience design of interactive user interfaces across multiple products and platforms
- Simplifies and unifies complex information into intuitive interactions, flows, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation
- Employs user-centered design methods to develop user interface specifications such as use cases, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and final user interface documentation
- Creates detailed specifications of interactions and visual designs to communicate with developers
- Performs quality assurance reviews of developed pages to ensure adherence to specifications
- Contributes to the creation of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Contributes to the creation of a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviors across multiple products
- Participates in the definition of the user- centered design methodology
The role is part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions Team - Banking & Regulatory Technology.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or similar required
- 5+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer for web and mobile user interfaces
- Skilled practitioner with expertise in the design, production and presentation of user interface designs that support the needs of the customer
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline
- Experience with user- centered design patterns and methodologies
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity and passion for challenges
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, HTML, CSS
- Experience in financial environment preferred
- Please attach your portfolio when applying. Failure to do so will delay your candidacy advancing to next rounds.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.