- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 17
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAA Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities with little to moderate guidance of more senior team members.
• Take ownership of stories and interpret business requirements for these stories with the assistance of Business Analysts.
• Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
• Provide input into technical design, at the story and/or module level.
• Comply with coding standards.
• Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
• Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
• Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
• Maintain technical documents.
• Review code of Associate Software Engineers.
• Mentor Associate Software Engineers.
Technical Requirements: • Object-oriented software development experience• Software design experience • Web development experience • Windows platform development experience • .Net programming experience • C++ and C# programming experience• Agile / Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a plus• Unix / Linux platform development a plus Education and Job Related Experience: • Degree in Computer Science • 5+ years of programming experience • Finance (Fixed Income) knowledge a plus• Structured Finance knowledge a big plus Other: • Team oriented • Self-starter who can "own" projects and work independently • Eager to participate and learn • Able to juggle tasks and context switch quickly • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Strong interpersonal skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.3 billion in 2014, employs approximately 9,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 33 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and, for all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.