Software Quality Assurance, QA Engineer
Description About this role About this role:
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to tackle some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Quality Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions. Your team:
The Aladdin Product Group develops and supports every facet of BlackRock's information system needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin.
APG - QA is a globally distributed team supporting the Quality Engineering initiatives for applications on the Aladdin platform. The Testing team employs the use of industry-leading tools (HP Application Lifecycle Management, Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, Azure DevOps) to support the testing activities. The QA Engineer will work as part of the global Aladdin web technology team to support Quality Engineering activities for Aladdin web technology applications. Your role and impact:
This role will be responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance for an Aladdin web technology (AWT) application. You will be expected to perform a variety of complex project tasks, which will require a high proficiency in functional testing and test automation. You will work on becoming an SME in the business domain and building your technical skills to enable you to provide guidance and direction in making critical technical and project related decisions. You will have the chance to engage with multiple teams and partners across AWT and Aladdin teams. Your Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Lead, provide testing services for the global testing team including automation implementation and ensuring delivery is timely and of high quality for specific tools and processes.
- Responsible for functional/non-functional and automation testing activities. The role is hands on and will be responsible for building SME knowledge.
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated scripts based on manual test cases; therefore, the ability to code using Selenium/Java are a must. Cucumber and Jenkins/Azure DevOps are a plus.
- Interface and collaborate closely with the global Test, Business and Development teams, effectively communicating testing metrics, progress, schedules, and issues impacting delivery.
- Able to identify, procure and manage environments and data required for testing
The candidate is expected to possess and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, including requirements analysis, designing tests, test automation development and execution. Financial Services experience is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using Selenium/Java.
- Exposure to automation framework implementation and hands on coding, RDMS, SQL, Unix, Windows, and XML.
- Knowledge of AZURE DevOps, Jenkins, CI/CD integration, Cucumber/BDD are a plus.
- Strong foundation in various SDLC methodologies - Waterfall and Agile
- Exposure to scripting languages like Jscript and Python would be an added advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.