- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAJob Description We are looking for a fulltime Editor to edit our enterprise risk management software documentation and to maintain the style and procedure guides for the technical communications department.
- Edit end-user, administrator, API documentation, and financial modeling research papers for grammar, style, accuracy, and readability
- Edit both existing documentation and documentation for new releases
- Provide a single voice for documentation from writers in France and the U.S.
- Coordinate editing schedules and review processes
- Enhance and maintain the Technical Communications Style and Procedures Guide; ensure that all documents meet established standards
- Format client-facing documents as needed
- Ensure consistent use of standardized templates
- Work with Legal to ensure consistent and up-to-date use of trademarks and confidentiality statements
- Create or edit flowcharts and diagrams
- Generate PDF files; compile and test online Help
- Work with Product Managers, Trainers, and Marketing to keep fresh news content on the customer portal
- Work with Client Services to edit FAQ articles and other miscellaneous support
Moody's Analytics is the world's leading provider of quantitative credit analysis tools to lenders, investors, and corporations. We help clients enhance the economic returns in their businesses. We create products and services based upon a sophisticated application of modern financial theory and statistical analysis. These tools transform vast amounts of financial data and knowledge into applied insight to manage credit. Specifically, our clients use our portfolio and valuation framework in their organizations for Economic Capital requirements, Risk Management and monitoring and reporting functions.
- 3+ years commercial software editing experience
- Command of written English
- BA/BS, preferably in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or Finance
- Ability to build rapport with remote writers of diverse cultures
- Advanced Adobe Acrobat skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills
- Intermediate Confluence skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle changing priorities
Desired Skills (these are a plus, but not required)
- 2+ years commercial software technical writing experience
- Background in finance
- Experience with the localization process
- Working knowledge of DITA/XML Publishing
- Experience with Perforce or other source control systems
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.