Trade Operations Associate,SAM
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Trade Operations Associate,SAM
Founded in 1994, Symphony Asset Management LLC ('Symphony') is a diversified investment manager headquartered in San Francisco, CA with an office in New York, NY. As of June 2017, the firm employed 83 professionals and managed $19.5 billion in assets for global institutional and high net worth investors across an integrated platform of hedge funds, long-only strategies and structured products. Today, the firm provides access to investments in senior bank loans, high yield, convertible bonds, and equities, offering bespoke investment solutions and hedged strategies in separate accounts and commingled funds.
The Trade Operations Associate will be expected to perform the general duties of the middle and back office operation functions. This will include supporting the portfolio management process through trade settlement, account reconciliation and reporting.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Ensure trade allocations are accurate and settled within all necessary systems and reconciled daily across multiple strategies
- Coordinate with various counterparties to facilitate loan settlement within the context of available cash, market nuances and portfolio management guidelines
- Review and analyze various system reports to identify and resolve trade discrepancies proactively and independently with custodians within settlement timelines
- Control data within various systems to ensure integrity to minimize operational risk
- Review corporate actions and proxy notices for required processing
- Outline alternatives and recommend course of action for Portfolio Management review
- Interpret and verify loan notices for processing
- Reconcile cash and security positions daily and coordinate supporting documentation
- Interpret and evaluate reconciliation results and resolve discrepancies
- Provide account cash balance to Portfolio Management on a daily basis
- Maintain and build on the relationships with outside vendors
- Maintain accounting and portfolio management databases including asset masters, trades, prices, dividends, debt registration and foreign currency exchange rates
- Maintain settlement documentation
- Review data imports from external sources for accuracy
- Reconcile data within internal systems to custodian records and resolve discrepancies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a highly accredited four-year university with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or Economics a plus
- 1 - 2 years previous Operations experience with a buy or sell side firm
- Knowledge of financial markets and basic economic concepts required
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to communicate to an audience based on their knowledge of the current situation
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong work ethic
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties based on competing initiatives
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent problem recognition and resolution skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) skills
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.